Looking for a breeder loan - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
hbreen
Looking for a breeder loan

I have a 15 lb virgin female BCI that we thought we had a boyfriend for this fall, but things have not worked out, so we are looking for a male BCI to breed her with. She's in prime shape to have a whole passel of babies, but we need a boy to do it with!

I'd love to have a morph for her, but since we aren't known as breeders yet, we're willing to work with a regular BCI to get her started, since she's so large we're not willing to ship her for both her safety and cost. Pics available upon request!

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
bigybigy
I might be willing to split a litter of boas with you. I have a male hypo het stripe, 50% poss het for albino, 50% poss het for anery. As for terms i would like the hypos and you keep the normals. The normals will be 50% poss het for stripe ans slight chance poss het for anery and albino. Im currently proving this male out for his het albino this year, so we dhould know by the time the litter comes. Anyway email me at mriffis@hotmail.com for other important terms and conditions.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
Metachrosis
Ive got a pretty clean male Ill sell ya and then you can play .Whats he Het for ??? Gotta be something in there because he just seems above average for a Common.
Lots of pink and what have ya.

LMK if your breeder loan doesnt jive,yes I can do some quality pics upon request.

M/

Old 10-02-2006, 05:53 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigybigy
I might be willing to split a litter of boas with you. I have a male hypo het stripe, 50% poss het for albino, 50% poss het for anery. As for terms i would like the hypos and you keep the normals. The normals will be 50% poss het for stripe ans slight chance poss het for anery and albino. Im currently proving this male out for his het albino this year, so we dhould know by the time the litter comes. Anyway email me at mriffis@hotmail.com for other important terms and conditions.
Wow, that hardly seems fair. Especially if she was houseing & feeding the male.

When I do breeding loans with the Cornsnakes, I do a 25/75 or 50/50 split regardless of morphs hatched & depending on whether or not I'm careing for the loaned snake.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:51 AM   #5
Metachrosis
LOL ,that was a pretty jacked up offer wasnt it

Old 10-02-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
bigybigy
Well she gets at least one hypo. It all depends on ratio of hypos to normals. If there are more than 50% hypos in the litter than she gets them.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
Still a very poor offer. I hope she didn't take it.

You'd be making out like a bandit taking animals that are worth at least triple of the normals that produced for her hard work & risk to the female. It should be at the most a 50/50 split right down the middle with each of you getting an equal number of Hypos. At that, if I was houseing the male & careing for the female, the male's owner would get 25%.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
bigybigy
Once the female becomes gravid, then i end up sending some money to take care of feeding and housing. Of the 2 split litters that i have done, I have sent money to cover at least half of the feeding, housing, etc.. and it has woked out fine.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #9
TripleMoonsExotic
That's good of you to patrially pay for the care of your snake while out on breeding loan.

However, what is your reasoning behind taking all of the Hypos when you still wouldn't be provideing full care?

Old 10-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
bigybigy
If she gets a better deal then so be it, but thats what ive got to offer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!