JIm Flaherty and The Chameleon Company - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
kmease
Thumbs up JIm Flaherty and The Chameleon Company

I have recently moved into a new house and was wishing to build a nice display case to not only show off my cabinet making skills but to also have something quite interesting for guests to admire. Having kept and maintained a plethora of chameleon species I thought it might be nice to have a pair of chameleons that were flashy but easier to maintain. I made my mind up on a pair of Ambilobe Pardalis.
I kept my eye on quite a few in the Kingsnake ads and seen some quite phenomenal specimens. Of course the pricing was quite phenomenal, as well. Then I run across an ad by The Chameleon Company LLC, advertising some offspring from an amazing looking ambilobe sire. I sent an email out to them concerning an unrelated pair and was quite amazed at the quickness of the response and the detailed reply to all of my questions and concerns, via Jim Flaherty.
I struck a deal, made payment and was promptly emailed shipping information, tracking number and was very surprised when I received the animals almost to the hour of when I was informed to expect them. Upon inspection I was quite astonished with the male. He had just amazing colors for his age. The female seemed alright and appeared healthy. Both had clean fecals and not one flaw detected.
After letting both settle in to their new environment the male acclimated and adjusted nicely, kept getting nicer in coloration, ate anything and everything in sight, and still appears the epitome of fine health.
The female did not acclimate so well. She ate just enough to maintain her weight even though offered a wide variety of food items. I thought "Oh, no, here we go"
I emailed Jim and voiced concerns about the way the female was acting. He informed me that this happens from time-to-time and not to worry, that he would just send another non-related replacement female. I told him to just hold on and we would see how she faired.
Well almost a month later and she was still the same weight. I emailed Jim again about my concerns and had a response in less than 15 minutes. He included his phone number and asked if I wanted to call. He informed me that it was not a problem and that he had a female in mind to send me. Again I was notified via email of shipping, tracking number sent, and Voila!! Not just another female but an astonishing one. Much to my surprise, Jim informed me via email the next day that he just went ahead and sent me a young hold-back female. Imagine my delight!!

Well I did a search on the BOI to add to any thread concerning The Chameleon Company LLC and Jim Flaherty. There appeared to be a few so I decided to start my own thread.
Having been in the reptile trade now for over 20 years, believe me, I have dealt with a myriad of reptile vendors. Without exception, this has been the easiest and most professional transaction I have ever concluded. Great product, good prices, prompt communication, great packaging, shipping on time, and someone bending over backwards to make something wrong a positive experience!!! In my books it does not get any better than this.

Jim, you not only have my future business with panther chameleons but my respect, as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Kenn Mease
Chameleo Research Group