PVC caging for poison darts? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
hadenglock
PVC caging for poison darts?

I know most people like to use glass aquariums when it comes to housing dart frogs, but ive been finding that using pvc enclosures are starting to become more and more popular. Has anyone on this site tried using PVC enclosures? I would like to setup my tinc collection in 20x20x20in cubes that www.pmherps.com sells. I would think they would be awesome to use considering im not the greatest with drilling glass and would like to install a misting system on it as well. Any input or experience using them is appreciated!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Lupine
I haven't used PVC, but it should keep temps more stable than glass. The only problem I see is the front opening door. If you've used those successfully before, there should be no prob. I personally learned the hard way how fast and far the little buggers can jump, and find it easier to maintain thru a top opening as my auratus were not as likely to try to jump straight up out thru the top.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!