Crested enclosure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
Tang
Crested enclosure

what do u guys think of this for a crestie? its a 30 gallon tall, cork bark background, bed a beast covered w/ moss over a drainege layer of cocoa puff like substrate. complete w/ climbing sticks, vines, fallen log, and plants including a small florida palm (forehround), and a fog machine from exo terra, and shallow water bowl. (im also planning on adding some real vines very soon) tell me what u guys think.

from the inside:

its only missing one thing... a crestie! lol, i dont have the funds for one right now, but i remain hopeful! any feedback on the enclosure would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
Tang
wow, lol, those pics really came out badly. im new to posting pics so bear w/ me. the pics make the moss look brown, gross. in reality its alot greener in there. and the water bowl has stuff in it that i cleaned out right after i took the pic. ive had this vivarium set up for a while now, ive been pining for a crestie for a long time, and i thought i was gunna get one when i set it up but it never happened so the water bowl was empty and some moss grew into it. ew. (originally the enclosure was set up for dart frogs, but that ddnt work out so i changed it around to what it is now) so, hopefully ill get better at taking and posting pics in the near future, thanks for looking!

Old 07-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
Borewyrm
Those pet pill bugs? Heh I don't know a damn thing about cresteds... but its a sharp looking tank looks like my Fire Bellied toad tank.

Old 07-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
Tang
haha, when the enclosure had frogs, i fed them baby pillbugs as a snack, i guess they let some go. whenever i see them running around i catch them and put them outside, but i bet a crestie wouldnt mind munching on those arthropods once in a while.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #5
sircat
looks very nice...humidity should be btwn 70% and 80% but should be able to dry out at times and not always be wet
foggers aren't good for most animals b/c they can give them resp infections...I haven't heard of problems with them and cresteds but I don't think I've heard they're particularly good for anything other than dart frogs...but you can wait for more opinions to see what others have to say

I would add some more foliage...fake or not...

if you get a baby in the future, just watch to make sure that it's eating...sometimes a large cage can be too much and sometimes they're fine...but great size for an adult or more

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!