Den site destroyed - all snakes killed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
SPJ
Den site destroyed - all snakes killed

One of the people on my road (about 4 houses up) stumbled upon a den site yesterday of garters. Juvies and adults. Her and her husband killed almost 100 snakes. They had a garbage bag full of dead snakes this morning. They actually thought that by showing this to me, I would give them a pat on the back and say great job. What morons.
When I asked them why they would do something so terrible, the response was, the snakes were growling at them, trying to kill them, and chasing them into the house. I said why didn't you call me or walk down the road and I would have relocated them (they know I do it since other neighbors have asked for relocations). Their reasoning was they didn't want them to come back and try and kill their kids.
I really hate people like this. Snakes do not growl. They will not chase you into your house. And above all, they will NOT come back for revenge.
The other neighbors now think the better way to deal with snakes is to kill them on the spot rather than relocate them. This way they will never return.
I really wish there was an animal cruelty law that could be used. I called the state officials today and was told since it was not a timber rattler, and I didn't witness it, there was nothing they could do about it.
WTH. Doesn't anyone care that hundreds of snakes were just butchered out of ingnorance and fear?
This really ticked me off today. I never really cared too much for these people but now I despise them.
My other neighbors are not much better.
The new motto is kill the snakes instead of relocating them.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
DAND
Pat on the back...more like kick in the ass. Some people just disgust me.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
juggalo
I am truly sorry you had to witness such ignorance i don't think i could have remained calm. un-freakin believable.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #4
RosterImposter
I would have immediately yelled at them, made them feel stupid, I would have tried to make the wife cry. Then I would have went around their house and tried to find any more garters that were unlucky enough to be near those morons.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
shrap
Sad. Truly sad.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #6
Wilomn
It's a drag, for sure.

But don't be too hard on them.

The TRULY ignorant, as these folks obviously are, may not have had any truly vile intentions. They might, as stupid as it seems to us, have really thought those snakes were a threat.

It's not that I'm less outraged than you, but there is no point in placing blame where it doesn't really belong.

Sometimes people just SUCK.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
juggalo
Unfortunately the fear of snakes is taught not human nature i guess the bible portraying the devil as a snake or serpent doesn't help either.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
Rattlesnake
Disgusting!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
RRRRR for one day i wish humans and snakes would switch places... all us snake lovers of course would be left alone on this one...

i HATE ignorant people, just effin evil....

Old 12-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
ralph08094
you people got to learn to take the law into your own hands, you get better results from action than with words

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!