Publix Grocery Stores - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
Lucille
Publix Grocery Stores

I ran across this today and thought it was kind of neat. The Publix Grocery stores have a free medication program. It is only a handful of medications, and not any real expensive ones, but still, free is free.
http://www.publix.com/pharmacy-welln...cation-program

Old 10-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
JColt
Good post. A lot of people will benefit from that. It is very sad when people have to choose between meds or food. It happens a lot.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
Lucille
I remember years ago as a school nurse meeting parents who flat out could not buy medication for their kids. Sometimes, I would just send a check to the pharmacy with them.
Not to get sucked into politics, and I do believe that companies in general have a right to make money, but I am outraged at the cost of some medications. I understand the concept of boutique drugs, those for conditions so rare that only a few use them and that is why the cost is so high. But one of my sons pays hundreds of dollars for a tiny bottle of insulin and he needs several bottles of two different kinds every month.

People cope in different ways. Some people split their pills. Some get medication from Mexico or Canada, or buy right here in the U.S. in various markets- meds are sold on Craigslist, and a few meds including some important antibiotics are sold on Ebay via a legal loophole that allows medication without a prescription to be sold for use on fish.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #4
JColt
The FDA is for sale to highest bidders! Here is a little story a little off about drugs but related.

FDA went big time after electronic ecigs. Tobacco companies losing big. Now ecig manufacturers cannot make any claims and would get fined. They couldn't say safer, couldn't make any health claims.

FDA could say anything they wanted or manipulate data with no fear of reprisal. If real scientist's would contradict them they just stayed quiet. They got info out and knew people would remember it and not be concerned if truth or lie.

FDA made an "artificial lung" It could take a drag off an ecig for 100 seconds. Now I cannot suck in oxygen for 100 seconds let alone vape that long. They used a plastic tank with atomizer and cotton. The atomizer was rated for 12 to 18 watts. They ran the atomizer at 60 watts for 100 seconds. Yes they got carcinogens. Burning metal, plastic and cotton will do that. They sent news this info and said one tank of eliquid has 300 times more carcinogens than one cigarette!

FDA has shown with out a doubt that lying to public on health is OK. But much like everything else, If it's not your thing then it doesn't seem to make you mad. Same thing with drugs, guns, pollution. I know a lot of people go by lesser of 2 evils when voting but I really see no lesser on most issues and drug industry gives money to both evils!

Old 10-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
snowgyre
Wow, thanks Lucille, I had no idea Publix had this program. I shop there regularly. My only worry is that the folks who use that store are typically not the folks who financially need the support (it is an expensive grocery store), but it's nice that they do this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!