So upset!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
PlatinumRosePythons
Unhappy So upset!!

My mom and stepfather run a trucking company and their trucks are currently working in Texas. Well, one of the drivers said that the streets are full of stray dogs and someone even dumped a litter of puppies on the street! He asked at a resteraunt if there was a humane society and was told by the snotty waitress that there isnt one and "Who cares, they're just mutts" The driver said if he was going home soon he'd put them in his truck but he's gotta stay there another week and there's no way he and a litter of pups will fit in his truck (he's sleeping in his truck btw). I feel so bad for those poor pups. It sickens me knowing that people can be so heartless.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Shadera
I feel sick thinking about a driver sitting there a week waiting on a backhaul. I hope he's getting some pay for that.

Be sick about the people who are irresponsible regarding the care of their dogs that led to the situation, not at the waitress who probably isn't a dog person.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
I feel sick thinking about a driver sitting there a week waiting on a backhaul. I hope he's getting some pay for that.

Be sick about the people who are irresponsible regarding the care of their dogs that led to the situation, not at the waitress who probably isn't a dog person.
He's not there on back haul. He's there with a crew working on some pipeline project. Obviously he's getting paid for it.

Even if you aren't a dog person how can you not feel bad about abandoned puppies? I'm not much of a dog person either but I still feel bad for them!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
snowgyre
The ironic thing is that happens so frequently and badly with cats that it's become socially acceptable to have feral cats running around. Would your mom and stepdad have felt the same way if they saw a bunch of feral kittens running around? My guess is probably not.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
The ironic thing is that happens so frequently and badly with cats that it's become socially acceptable to have feral cats running around. Would your mom and stepdad have felt the same way if they saw a bunch of feral kittens running around? My guess is probably not.
Havent you ever heard the saying, "never assume anything"? My grandmother feeds all the stray cats in my area and she and I have taken many litters of stray kittens to the shelter and paid for vet care, spaying, etc for all the adult stray cats. You dont know me or my family so please dont 'assume' you would know how we would react.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
PlatinumRosePythons
Is there a reason i'm getting such crap here? If I would've known i'd get such critique I wouldnt have posted! I was just seriously upset by the abandoned pups

Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Helenthereef
Threads often get a bit derailed, and I think that's happened here.

Yes, I think it's awful that a litter of pups have been abandoned, and I would also feel very bad knowing that there was so little concern. People can be very hard-hearted.

I'd suggest that your driver consults a phone directory rather than a waitress though - I'm sure there's some form of humane society in the region if he looks hard enough.

Hope to hear some good news on this one.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
snowgyre
I wasn't giving you a critique, I was speaking about people in general. I worded my statement poorly and I apologize. I absolutely agree, it's heartbreaking to see those pups out and about and to be confronted with people who are indifferent about the whole thing. I was simply making the observation that people, again in general, just don't care. It's sad.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumRosePythons View Post
Even if you aren't a dog person how can you not feel bad about abandoned puppies? I'm not much of a dog person either but I still feel bad for them!
We all feel bad about lots of things,but most of the time there's not a lot we can do about it. I could pull the same card on you, "How could you not care about starving kids in Ghana, yet you post about the poor stray animals?"

See, it doesn't make much sense.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
Metachrosis
Comes with the territory around here,the mystical levels of intelligence and is often astounding at times.They are but blips in cyber reality
In your user CP you have an ignore feature,use it therefore they win
and you aren't further burdened to entertain said royalty.
When you registered you agreed to Fauna TOS,which affords a bulls eye to your backside when failing to go with the status flow on most occasions.
It is what it is here,a true reflection of the once free world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumRosePythons View Post
Is there a reason i'm getting such crap here? If I would've known i'd get such critique I wouldnt have posted! I was just seriously upset by the abandoned pups

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!