new baby corn ?'s - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-26-2004, 12:20 AM   #1
Spydergotboost
new baby corn ?'s

well i am a breeder of leopard geckos normally and i was at the local petco poking around and i saw an albino corn for 50 so i got it now i took it home got it set up in a 6 qt sterlite with some reptibark a small hide and a water bowl and placed her on my hatchling rack which is set around 90 but the top of the bark is 85 so that sounds good to me any way i tried feeding it a f/t pinkey which weighed 2 grams and the snake is only 7 grams so does this sound apropriate sized? and can any one tell me the proper way to feed f/t pinkey's to her is because i tried using hemostats to entice a strite out of her with no such luck and does anyone have any ideas on how old this animal is and how many times she has shed if any and if she has likely beenfed before i asked the pet store when she was fed last they said they didnt know they came in only 3 days ago and they had no info on her at all any help from you guys is much apreciated thanks in advace Billy

also does anyone know who supplies petco/petsmart with their corns i know ron tremper supplies all the leos just curious as to if anyone knows this

Old 07-27-2004, 01:29 AM   #2
Sasheena
I would have her on paper towels until she's eaten a number of times and passed waste. I think that leaving the frozen/thawed with her overnight is the best bet, she'll eat if she feels like it. I don't know who supplies petco/petsmart, but I do know that I've never seen a healthy cornsnake at petco. I've seen cages full of dead corn babies and known people who've gotten them only to have them be listless, with no muscle tone, big green blotches inside, and dying within a week or two. I wouldn't recommend buying from petco.

I would feed the corn the smallest newborn pink to begin with. Also try to keep the temperatures closer to 85.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!