My FELLOW LEO Enthusiasts. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:23 PM   #11
LCReptiles
This is exactly why I miss the old IRC days. You go into a chatroom of your FRIENDS and talk about the color of your feces that day if you want to. Anyone who didn't want to be part of the conversation wasn't... I for one would like to have an open forum where we could talk about any one of our animals. I have a bearded dragon, corn snakes, red tail boa, 2 ball pythons and my leos. Let's face it, some of those other forums are used very little... not to mention I manage a pet store, so just because I don't own a certain species doesn't really mean I can't answer a question about housing etc. I think it's really stupid and retarded that once in awhile we can't just chat about our stupid girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife etc. I for one think of many of you as my FRIEND not some stranger posting about a similar interest.... oh well.. anyway.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:37 PM   #12
riverjop
Lets face it!

This is as much about "the people" who raise Leo's as it is about Leo's!

Old 08-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #13
HRoss
I love my leopard geckos. I get teased by some of the bigger snake breeders for keeping such a "low end colony". Well screw them. They make me happy, and that is saying a lot.

This is the only forum i post on, and i highly enjoy the people who post here. I will be setup under the name of herp hobby shop in Daytona, for anyone who wishes to stop by and say hello. Of course there will be some far out leos (urban stock, albey's unpublished animals offspring and some cool masterpiece crosses from the other 2 breeders (hine's and brant), not to mention about 50 patternless albinos) sorry for the shameless self promotion, but not too many people have figured out that bob and i work together a lot these days.

Overton, i would flat out fall over to get to hunt an area like that. here my 45 pound buckskin pit has to wear an orange vest to keep the yocals from shooting at him. The white tails are tiny, and my hunting camp in south carolina is one long drive from tampa. Geckos and reptiles for hunting, sounds like an interesting trade to me.?.? We could call it yard maintenance. I think an Elk would scare the hell out of me. I would not mind taking a bear, but i do tend to like only hunting things i eat. Nah, I have always wanted one of those rugs with the head and paws.
howard

Old 08-03-2004, 02:16 PM   #14
josh06
Howard, I see you are from Florida too. There isn't too good of deer hunting around here, but I love to bird hunt. Mostly duck and dove. Do you bird hunt as well?? I'm anxiously awaiting dove season(2 months away). I swear that I get hunting withdrawals during offseason....lol....

Old 08-03-2004, 02:33 PM   #15
Crestedleo
In WI lol

Deer season is usally crappy! lol snowing in oct. and cold brrr! but yeah I like to bird hunt too Pheasant and Grouse are my favorite

Old 08-03-2004, 02:38 PM   #16
LCReptiles
I bird hunt too. Been on the trail of the elusive eastern Virginia snipe for years now, but as of yet, I have found none.

I'm starting to think they don't exist.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:39 PM   #17
ShannanD25
Okay all you hunters.
I am on the hunt for the elusive, I got out of my bin you can't find me Leo morph.....any suggestions or tried and true tactics to trap them?
I already had the huntin' dog out to track it but he did no good....just decided to pee on the stack of newspaper....then chew on my shoe....Not even the mighty cricket catcher cats were much help on this one....I don't even think they were paying attention to anything but the insides of their eyelids.

I am armed with flashlight and stick to poke around with. I left the snipe hunting paper bag at "home" though. Not the snipe bird but the hey your best friend is drunk so lets convince them to go snipe hunting at night with a paperbag type snipe.

Humor aside....anyone have luck setting up a way to lure the escapees out?

Old 08-03-2004, 05:13 PM   #18
riverjop
Howard! any time you feel like coming up give me a call, I've got plenty of room and
you can leave the geckos at home!

Shannon......just let about 12 dozen cockroaches go in your bedroom, it will draw your leo out! That always works for me!........Heeeeheeeee

And by the way, what are you doing posting about leopard geckos on here?
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2004, 05:18 PM   #19
josh06
Jeff, I forgot about snipe!!! Down here in FL, my friend has some property on a river(St. Johns) and we snipe hunt all the time down there(when there in season).

Overton, is that a sheep or ram of something?? I wish I could big game hunt, but it's kinda hard here in FL. But one day!!! I need to dig up some hunting pics.....

Old 08-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #20
riverjop
It's a mountain goat, it was on the top of this mountain 7000' a couple of weeks ago. Real tame it was trying to steal our backpacks! And would get about three feet away from us (probably closer, but is horns were wickedly sharp) so we tryed to keep our distance. Sorry for the bad pic, but its a digital of a photo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!