Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #111
Shadera
According to them, the site has been a work in progress for the last six months. That's plenty of time, had they had any desire to do so, to get ideas and opinions for a TOS fitting to the sale of live animals. Instead, they practically copied and pasted the terms from one of the other penny sites. Shouldn't their "snake expert" have known that was no good set of terms for live animals? Or maybe he did. What keeps the most money in your pocket better than zero liability?

I agree with whomever said they really should get those ironed out and concrete before putting anything else up for sale. How is the "winner" supposed to know which version he's gonna get?

Sorry, too much just doesn't pass the smell test for them to get any sympathy from me. If they had approached it differently, it might have been something fun. (regular auctions as opposed to pay per bid, a set of terms that doesn't bend the buyer over, etc)

Old 12-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #112
dustinntech
I really don't see an issue with the type of auction they are doing... How they run their business is totally different, I was under the impression that the Mike was backing them and since he is not I do find it wrong that they are using his name.

Animal flipping may be considered a less than desirable trait, but there are tons of big names in this industry that do the exact same. Such as buying out clutches for resale, importing, and even pet stores in general. Not to name any names, but there are multiple ads / auctions out there that clearly state that "these just came in". And with imported animals most importers are trying to sell them out as fast as possible so they die on the customers care and not their own... Maybe they offer a week guarantee, but with a lot of fresh imports that come in sick they can pass away in 2-3 weeks easy no matter what the care is.

I don't think anyone here is getting ripped off unless there is evident proof of unhealthy animals being used.

I'm sorry but in my book it would be innocent until proven guilty, has anyone reported that their pictures were stolen or any wrong doing has happened here?

Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #113
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
** Hello, we are here to rip you off. Please don't be mad at us. We just want money the easy way without really putting in a lot of effort. Please, don't trust your gut feeling, it is a lie, much like our "business". We see $$$ signs in every animal we buy but we really don't know a thing about the animals we buy. We are hoping that you will be dumb enough to fall for our scam so you can make our lives easier. Thank you again for all your help and your hard earned money. It is much appreciated.**

That is what I just gathered from reading all of this. I did get a good laugh though.
I got the same "vibe," hence I have no interest in anything they are offering, even if they do take the "suggestions" above to make their business smell better.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #114
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
According to them, the site has been a work in progress for the last six months. That's plenty of time, had they had any desire to do so, to get ideas and opinions for a TOS fitting to the sale of live animals. Instead, they practically copied and pasted the terms from one of the other penny sites. Shouldn't their "snake expert" have known that was no good set of terms for live animals? Or maybe he did. What keeps the most money in your pocket better than zero liability?

I agree with whomever said they really should get those ironed out and concrete before putting anything else up for sale. How is the "winner" supposed to know which version he's gonna get?

Sorry, too much just doesn't pass the smell test for them to get any sympathy from me. If they had approached it differently, it might have been something fun. (regular auctions as opposed to pay per bid, a set of terms that doesn't bend the buyer over, etc)
Check out the link I posted...i think it's been longer than 6 months...Avi was working on it in 2009

Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #115
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinntech View Post
I really don't see an issue with the type of auction they are doing... How they run their business is totally different, I was under the impression that the Mike was backing them and since he is not I do find it wrong that they are using his name.

Animal flipping may be considered a less than desirable trait, but there are tons of big names in this industry that do the exact same. Such as buying out clutches for resale, importing, and even pet stores in general. Not to name any names, but there are multiple ads / auctions out there that clearly state that "these just came in". And with imported animals most importers are trying to sell them out as fast as possible so they die on the customers care and not their own... Maybe they offer a week guarantee, but with a lot of fresh imports that come in sick they can pass away in 2-3 weeks easy no matter what the care is.

I don't think anyone here is getting ripped off unless there is evident proof of unhealthy animals being used.

I'm sorry but in my book it would be innocent until proven guilty, has anyone reported that their pictures were stolen or any wrong doing has happened here?

No evidence of anyone being ripped off?
  1. Timer set back "at whim," so more money can keep coming in.
  2. No refunds given for the couple of "glitches" that the website has experienced already.
That's evidence to me. There's more, but this is enough to make me stay away.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #116
Lucille
Quote:
any wrong doing has happened here?
They lied in their advertisements, depicting critters marked 'sold' for very low prices, when that did not happen.
When called on it they replied with some insincere mumbo jumbo, including telling me that it was obvious that the animals had not been sold.

They lied. That is wrong, and those lies were used to launch their biz.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #117
hhmoore
Quote:
Ya you may only pay $5 for a snake, but they made atleast 3 times what the snake was worth.
I wonder what would happen if things didn't go according to plan. Say they put up a snake for which they had paid $350, and there was only a slow trickle of bids...with no final flurry; and they only got $100 in bids. Would they honor it (including the free shipping), or find a way out...whether by deleting the auction, or using some lame version of Reserve Not Met.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #118
Focal
Oh that's awesome. They have auctions to where you can use bids to buy bids LOL

Old 12-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #119
Focal
I don't understand. If they are not associated to Constrictors Unlimited, why do they have linked banners to his site on BallBids.com? A unique banner that I can't find anywhere but that site. Why is he the ONLY supplier of ball pythons? I know what's been said about his involvement, but doesn't that seem weird to anyone else?

Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #120
Shadera
Kimberly, I had a brief look (sorry, all I have is an iPod for net access for the next two weeks.), and I'm not sure if they're the same person or not. It could have been a previous owner of the domain. Maybe one of our many tech junkies around here can tell? I'd be interested too, in seeing if that LLC is legit.

It's pretty bad when even USARK is putting out messages on facebook saying you're bad news.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp