Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #121
Focal
I believe this is a forum linked to marijuana usage so work-clickers beware:

http://forum.grasscity.com/pandoras-...eats-ebay.html

Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #122
Shadera
There's nothing on those forum posts that actually links them to these guys, though. Nothing like a state or a name or anything. Whois says they've only had the domain since this year.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #123
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
There's nothing on those forum posts that actually links them to these guys, though. Nothing like a state or a name or anything. Whois says they've only had the domain since this year.
Their first domain was meltingpotclub.com and meltingpotclub.com/ballbids

And that goes back to 2009. Also an auction site meant to bilk its users out of as much money as possible. Coincidence? Possible, I suppose...but it beggers the imagination to give "coincidence" that much weight in this situation.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #124
dustinntech
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
No evidence of anyone being ripped off?
  1. Timer set back "at whim," so more money can keep coming in.
  2. No refunds given for the couple of "glitches" that the website has experienced already.
That's evidence to me. There's more, but this is enough to make me stay away.
I agree that the timer being set back every time another bid is made is pretty sleazy seeing that they are making money off each one, but if you didn't read the terms then that is your fault for continuing to put your bids in.

I would like to point out that I tried the bidding with the "5 free bids" and all my bids were spent during it, but I did get them refunded. Has anyone that actually paid for their bids said anything about not being refunded?

I wont personally purchase bids but I figured I'd give it a shot with the free ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I wonder what would happen if things didn't go according to plan. Say they put up a snake for which they had paid $350, and there was only a slow trickle of bids...with no final flurry; and they only got $100 in bids. Would they honor it (including the free shipping), or find a way out...whether by deleting the auction, or using some lame version of Reserve Not Met.
In a business sense you would expect them to go with their word because when they are making 3X what other snakes are worth I would think it would be smarter to take the loss on a certain snake in order to make more off the next one, however I definitely see this as a good way for them to just "disappear" with everyone's purchased bids.

The guy is definitely just trying to make money. If he is using healthy animals and honoring all the bids I wouldn't expect it to be an issue because he isn't the only one using animals to make money. If he starts screwing people over it's a completely different story.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #125
wyldwurm
They're now banning people from posting on facebook. LOL Guess they didn't like the truth

Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #126
ShortStack
Wow. I go to bed and work, and come back to this. Craziness.

I just went to their FB for the first time. I wonder who the lucky "winner" of the free snake giveaway will be.. THAT ought to be interesting.

There is also this recent post:

On top of banning those opinions they want to ignore, they seem to be "buying" fans. I get people do giveaways a lot, but when you are in the middle of something like this, and people are criticizing you, I see this a little differently. Granted it may not be a big deal since it's just a gift card, but I just get this sleazy used car dealership feel from it all. "Buy this car and hope it makes it home without blowing up and I'll throw in a free pencil!"

Oh, and they still haven't changed their FB picture where it's the banner showing snakes sold for outrageously low prices.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #127
ShortStack
Hmm, now they will supposedly have 5 winners tonight. This shall be interesting. I sure hope there isn't another tragic server crash.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #128
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Site could of expired, and they renewed this year which would reset the whois database.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #129
ShortStack
Well they had their first auction winner to "prove us all wrong". The winner won bids, lol.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #130
radera5
I am still not taking sides but I have a funny feeling *if* they truly try to fix their obvious early problems...they could do this just fine. Unfortunately there are enough people who like to gamble. If the snakes that get won are sent out and healthy, people will gamble.

I will not be participating but I have a feeling others will.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp