Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #131
AbsoluteApril
most likely the first few bids will be legit now that the have something to prove with so many eyes on them.

(3 packs of bids were won, a couple for just over $1 which means they made about $60 on those)

Personally, I stopped gambling when I moved away from Vegas, but I see the allure of a 'cheap' morph, they'll make a killing, a few winners may actually get a great deal, and a lot of hopefull bidders will lose.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #132
nickyp0
a lesson learned here i just spent $27 for nothing, not happy with them at all. i had better odds using that money and playing the power ball. never going back!!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #133
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
most likely the first few bids will be legit now that the have something to prove with so many eyes on them.

(3 packs of bids were won, a couple for just over $1 which means they made about $60 on those)

Personally, I stopped gambling when I moved away from Vegas, but I see the allure of a 'cheap' morph, they'll make a killing, a few winners may actually get a great deal, and a lot of hopefull bidders will lose.
I must agree completely. IT IS A GAMBLE...as long as the sellers hold up their end. Every time.
I also do NOT gamble. My father taught me when I was young, "don't gamble unless you KNOW you are going to win!"

Old 12-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #134
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyp0 View Post
a lesson learned here i just spent $27 for nothing, not happy with them at all. i had better odds using that money and playing the power ball. never going back!!
Is that because you played their game and lost? Or were you scammed out of that $27.00?

If you just played and lost...I don't feel bad for you, at all.
If you were scammed in some way, please tell us more...

Old 12-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #135
MikeWilbanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Snakes View Post
Also just found out, Zack Byers is related to who? Jeff Byers, who does Jeff work for?...Bob Clark Reptiles, who is Bob Clark best buds with almost business partners?..Mike Wilbanks, where did that Butter for auction come from?...Constrictors Unlimited, who owns them?...Mike Wilbanks. Can you follow the bread crumbs to the pile of caca? There is more to this than two kids, this is scam all the way from A to Z. I'm sure Bob and Mike will give away a few snakes to get the ball rolling, give away a snake now and then, but 99% of this site and it's actions will be a scam with likely no snake or winner in sight, other than the site owners!

They simply took Ben's concept to another level and IMO perfected the art and scam!
I see you already got yourself banned, but I'll respond anyway for everyone else.

1. Bob Clark and I dissolved all of our partnerships over a year ago. We have rarely spoken since then.
2. I have no idea if Zack Byers is related to Jeff Byers. Jeff works for Bob. So if they were related why wouldn't Zack get his animals from Bob? What do your snacks tell you about that one oh oracle of the pastry?
3. I sold animals to Zack, so what. I sell animals to lots of people that resell them. Most act like they produced them and many of the ads you see around the Internet are animals that I produced. Zack chose to advertise that I produced the animals that he is auctioning. Why should I care about that? I did produce them. I guess he could have acted like he produced them, but he chose to be honest about it. I did not even know about this site until Zack told me just before the launch that he was doing an auction site. I was at the airport heading for the Hamm show in Germany and I had some emails from people asking me about this site. This was the first time I had even seen it. I called Zack and asked him to make it clear that I was not affiliated with the site. He said he would. They have not scammed anyone. He paid me when he said he would and I shipped him some nice animals. That is the extent of my involvement with them. If he calls me tomorrow and asks to buy some more animals I will be happy to sell them to him.

Bottom line, I don't know Zack that well. I am not endorsing his site. I told him today that I have worked many years to earn my reputation and he would have to earn his. I am not bidding on any ball pythons, if you think it is too big a risk, then you shouldn't either, but really, what is the big deal?

Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #136
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
For those that don't already know, it appears the winner of last nights auction was Natasia Cockerham, a friend of the sites owners.
No one won the auction for the butter on 12/7....it was re-auctioned tonight, 12/8, along with another animal and three "bid packages". The butter went to someone by the name of Kylie Rae, and the pastel to a Mason Hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
No evidence of anyone being ripped off?
  1. Timer set back "at whim," so more money can keep coming in.
  2. No refunds given for the couple of "glitches" that the website has experienced already.
That's evidence to me. There's more, but this is enough to make me stay away.
The timer isn't set back "at whim"...if someone bids in the last 15 seconds, another 15 seconds is added to the bidding time. Which is clearly stated (and has been discussed here) in their TOS. Again, just like the other "penny auctions" that I have seen.

And refunds WERE given.

Look, I am still not saying that I support this whole idea...but I hate seeing people get even more worked up than necessary over incorrect information.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #137
tarawr
I'm of the mind of "watch and see"-- still have all of my free bids in check, on the off chance that something I can't pass up shows up and that real people win and get decent snakes from this... maybe... Not in support, but not outright condemning it, either.

I guess we'll see when "Kylie" gets the butter-- she said on FB that she plans to video the arrival of the ball python. Anyone got info on her to see if shes like the previous night's winner (friend of the site owners)?

Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #138
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
No one won the auction for the butter on 12/7....it was re-auctioned tonight, 12/8, along with another animal and three "bid packages". The butter went to someone by the name of Kylie Rae, and the pastel to a Mason Hall.

The timer isn't set back "at whim"...if someone bids in the last 15 seconds, another 15 seconds is added to the bidding time. Which is clearly stated (and has been discussed here) in their TOS. Again, just like the other "penny auctions" that I have seen.

And refunds WERE given.

Look, I am still not saying that I support this whole idea...but I hate seeing people get even more worked up than necessary over incorrect information.
I doubt many of us are getting "worked up," I believe we are analysing information.

The first indication was the claim that no one asked for refunds, and this inconsistancy was pointed out in post 84. What they did after being proved to be incorrect does not change my opinion. It's easy enough to mop up messes that are pointed out and the floor then looks clean, but those of us that saw the original mess still have to shift though the orginal red-flags, while others come in and see the "mopped" floor, and may think that everything is fine now.

That's one thing that I dislike about forums...people can sometimes unknowingly FEED the people under suspicion information that they need to successfully bilk customers (if that is their goal)!

I am not "one dimensional in thought" I can see many ways that the timer can be set back and it won't always be when another person bid, and unless there's something that prevents them from having "crashes," etc... or having a friend do some bidding to keep the timer rolling...I still don't see any reason to change my opinion..

But thanks for pointing out "possible flaws" in my logic.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #139
Focal
Quote:
I read this differently:

Old 12-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #140
radera5
Quote:

And refunds WERE given.

Again I would have to agree.
If they are getting a friend to bid for them or are automatically setting back the timer, I don't think the auctions will last. 99% of the time even the "good" scammers (good at what they do) will/do slip up. OR the first time they encounter any sort of problem, they skidaddle. These people will ultimately reveal themselves.

Now if the winner does get the snake (Which they will) and in fact they are not having other's bid for them, or doing anything funny...then it is legit.
In fact, the person who won the auction depending on how many times they bid, COULD have just got a female Butter for just about, oh,.. $7.00 flat.

Considering this is the case for a second, they then receive the snake, put it into qt themselves, (because it should be anyway) and ultimately end up with a nice, healthy snake for...well, pennies on the dollar.
To all the others who joined into the auction and did not win...better luck next time. Everyone knows the rules, it appears they are indeed attempting to fix the issues they have been having, and people took a chance. That is what a gamble is. No guarantee that the whole $27.00 that YOU decide to spend will get you anything.

OR they could do a few legit auctions in the beginning, have things running smoothly, then turn around and start screwing people over

I would just have to believe the first option would be more appealing to everyone. If they indeed just want to make money...running these auctions legit would be the way to do that.

We shall see.

Please excuse my rambling...it is definitely early.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp