Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #181
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Anyone else see this,

the winner of the 4 auctions just made a FB page stating their educated in penny auctions.

HMMM keep digging that hole guys.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nrvgo...00869239996550

And I think I saw on their TOS that they will limit the amount any one person can win, to prevent people like that I guess. To what extent though, no clue

Old 12-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #182
tarawr
They just added that, according to facebook. It is overly fishy that this NeverGoneStop wins all of the auctions, they say its a 3rd party program, then they come back saying they're legit and get the snake... and somehow they know details about the person being a Elem. Teacher? Nope. Chuck Testa.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:24 AM   #183
Tropoddity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropoddity View Post
There are all these auctions popping up everywhere to sell Ball python morphs. This not a good idea it will kill that market. People will catch on and set up fake bids, they will have a friend always out bid the highest until they get to where they want. This is a old school scam. Watch out and be careful where you do auctions and who the person is that is doing it. Just looking out for everyone. Serious about this. They are all over Facebook now.
I just saw that and I didn't see this post before I posted the same thing in general business. These auctions are popping up everywhere on Facebook!

Please be careful if you guys try them out. I do not think it is a great idea because, it makes the reptile industry look real shady.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 AM   #184
ShortStack
Someone on the FB page said that they had just posted as the NvrGoneStop, or whoever it is, but I can't see how or where they did that.. Anyone know if FB would have shown something like that?

Old 12-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #185
Tropoddity
I remember a auction scam in the 80's in L.A. where guys would do this at swap meets, real shady! I am sure some of these guys are going to do the same thing.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:28 AM   #186
Tropoddity
If the person has been around the industry for a long time then ya wouldn't think it is that shady because they can back up the inventory and helps market their business.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #187
tarawr
Can't be for certain... I'm not even sure, the screencap posted LOOKED like it had an accurate timestamp, but beyond that, I'm not so sure... it was a small image, too.
What I do have problems believing is that this person is a teacher with the poor grammar they seem to have... as well as spelling errors in their username. I dunno, maybe all my teachers were just nitpicky old bitties.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #188
radera5
LOL This is called "working the system", this is the same way I win on Quibids. There are a few strategies that can help. If many auctions are ending at the same time, if you bid right after someone else, if you have bought more bids than anyone else, how much you are willing to spend, ect. All this will help you win...BIG time.

Is it weird the same guy won? Maybe, but being that they are a new site with NOT too many paying members it doesn't surprise me.
Mark my words, IF they keep these auctions going and gain some sort of paying customer base...auctions will go on longer and be harder to win.

AGAIN this COULD all be a scam, I just don't think so. There would be no point. As I stated earlier these guys will make WAY more money doing this legitimately than by scamming a few people and shutting down.

As far as the guy claiming to "know penny auctions", he probably does. IT isn't too hard. For any of you who want a better odds, watch the hundreds if not thousands of videos on youtube about how to win penny auctions. Some are no help, but SOME of the videos will clue you in about things.
Then you too can write a "I know penny actions" statement.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 AM   #189
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
LOL This is called "working the system", this is the same way I win on Quibids. There are a few strategies that can help. If many auctions are ending at the same time, if you bid right after someone else, if you have bought more bids than anyone else, how much you are willing to spend, ect. All this will help you win...BIG time.

Is it weird the same guy won? Maybe, but being that they are a new site with NOT too many paying members it doesn't surprise me.
Mark my words, IF they keep these auctions going and gain some sort of paying customer base...auctions will go on longer and be harder to win.

AGAIN this COULD all be a scam, I just don't think so. There would be no point. As I stated earlier these guys will make WAY more money doing this legitimately than by scamming a few people and shutting down.

As far as the guy claiming to "know penny auctions", he probably does. IT isn't too hard. For any of you who want a better odds, watch the hundreds if not thousands of videos on youtube about how to win penny auctions. Some are no help, but SOME of the videos will clue you in about things.
Then you too can write a "I know penny actions" statement.
"I know penny auctions"

Old 12-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #190
radera5
So it looks as if I am taking back my last statement and changing it to THEY(as in the guys running the site) tried to work the system. I think the fellas just got caught up doing some very bad things to themselves.
Hopefully someone will post the screenshots from FB.

A couple idiots ruining a good idea. Too bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp