Is 300 grams of rats OK for a 6 1/2 ft Bull? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Stevefromsd
Is 300 grams of rats OK for a 6 1/2 ft Bull?

I'm thinking of moving up from 6 mouse size rats to 2 150 gram rats for my Bull.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Stevefromsd
I tried to give him a medium rat (I told the pet shop he's a 6 1/2 ft Bull) but I think he got spooked by it's size. He's always been fed as many as 6 mouse sized rats so he was never given one large item. I switched to 2 smaller rats and he ate those. They were still bigger than what he was used to eating.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
BigTattoo
I might try...

I might try stepping up to 3 100 gr. rats first and see how he handles them If he digests them and they don't leave too noticeable a bulge then I would try 2 150 gr. A lot depends on his girth, metabolism and how fast he processes food.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Amelanistic Orca
I've seen wild Bull's here in Az. with lumps the size of a rabbit in em... When they go; they go big!!! Some of my favs; but their metabolic rates are waaaaaay to fast for me.. lol.. Good luck.. And; put a big bump in em... It's ok...

Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
gofrwrd
6 1/2 ft. !! Try leaving your left arm in there over nite. Frozen thawed is less intimidating. Give him an hr alone w a medium rat n see how he does, bet he gulps it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!