Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 105 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #1041
filenamex5100
susan...let me ask a question. ...keeping in mind that I am just a random guy looking in from the outside. i don't know and have never heard of the OP or ty prior to this thread.

theoretically, IF the OP goes to court, or any of the high powers that be decide this case in the OP's favors....will you admit that TY was wrong? or will you blame the justice system for not seeing what a good person ty has apparently been in the past?

serious questions. I'm just wondering how anyone could read the facts of this thread and not see that TY is wrong. again...I don't now him at all. as other have stated....it doesn't matter if he donated $$ or time in the past or helped the sick or dying. that's great if so but it doesn't mean he can act the way he has.
any smart person in his situation (apparently with money and a reputation), would just settle the issue and move on. he should be swallowing his pride since so much is as risk for him.

its reckless, in my opinion, for all of ty's supporters to be encouraging him in the way you are. you are setting him up for failure.

I'm sure youll have some sort of excuse and comment about the following, but ill ask it anyway.... do you not find it odd that ty said the case was dismissed and led you all to believe that he won or the court dismissed the case?????
the op evens showed proof that SHE dismissed the case for now. to me, that really effects ty's credibility in a negative way. only posting what his supporters want to see and not the full truth.

again please understand I'm just looking in from the outside. the facts are plain as day. there are dozens of people involved in this thread (either posting or just reading from the shadows) and so far most are against TY. that's gotta mean something, no? ;-)

Old 03-07-2017, 11:15 PM   #1042
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
So, now you are calling me a liar too? Wow. Perhaps I should dig up my late husband so you can call him a liar too. Unbelievable. What "proof" do you want? I can provide testimony under oath if you want from people he has helped. However, you would likely assume that people would lie under oath.
Proof in the form of receipts from any payment he sent you, previous conversations specifically discussing him giving you $ of his free will for the purpose of a non-business nature......come on now, do I really have to spell this out for you? Your playing coy leads me to believe you neither have the proof to provide or the aforementioned deeds never occurred.

What does "under oath" have anything to do with that we're discussing? Since when do people go under oath for charity donations to random people? I'm confused by your unusual choice of wording here, perhaps you could clarify. (and you're correct-people have lied under oath many times....I don't think I need to explain that further)

Old 03-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #1043
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
theoretically, IF the OP goes to court, or any of the high powers that be decide this case in the OP's favors....will you admit that TY was wrong? or will you blame the justice system for not seeing what a good person ty has apparently been in the past?

serious questions. I'm just wondering how anyone could read the facts of this thread and not see that TY is wrong.
Well, looking at her past posts on the subject, I wouldn't really expect anything close to objectivity from her.
Quote:
I cannot believe that there is anyone in the world who would question Ty Park's love of reptiles, his honesty or his all around integrity. ......... Ty is an amazing man and anyone who would say anything to tarnish his reputation is someone with whom I would never want to do business.
Quote:
I am sitting here reading this thread with my mouth hanging open. First of all, the phrase "bad guy Ty Park" is an oxymoron. Of all of the breeders in the hobby, Ty is probably the most compassionate and passionate about all animals. The idea that any single animal is an "item" or just a commodity to Ty is beyond the imagination. ............
So, if you are reading this and wondering for a minute if you should order an animal from Ty, do not hesitate. He is a breeder with unquestionable integrity and honor. This is a rare thing in today's world and he should be celebrated for it, not attacked with untruths about his character.
The bold part is especially funny, since he initially cited the increased value as his reason for not providing the T+ in lieu of the T- he was unable to procure. Sure seems like the mindset of someone who sees his animals in terms of dollar sign$. Anyway, I think it's pretty likely that Ms. Mule has no interest in seeing anything that doesn't fit with her preconceived notions about Ty Park. There's some real hero-worship going on there.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:21 PM   #1044
DavidBeard
I'm waiting for someone to come to Ty's defense that doesn't make him look *worse*.....thus far, his blind followers' complete denial of empirical evidence and inability to see things from any perspective other than lodged firmly up Mr. Park's backside is detrimental to both his already severely diminished credibility and their own. Its a rather obtuse way of approaching things when its pretty clear to anyone with an unbiased vantage point that Ty screwed the proverbial pooch here.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:33 PM   #1045
filenamex5100
serious though....is this TY guy a really important figure in the lizard realm?? ive never seen such brown nosing in my life. ...and I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone either.
I would just really like to know how his supporters are so laser focused on his wrong doings. It seems to me that EVEN IF he flat out said he stole her money and planned to scam her that his supporters still wouldn't care. its really blowing my mind.

maybe they are being paid to say good thing?
maybe they are hoping for a handout from ty for showing support?

just trying to wrap my mind around that part of it.

with all that being said, I agree there is no changing their mind/perspective.
maybe its just impossible to bare to think that someone of his apparent status in the lizard world could do so wrong. I guess if one were super deep into the lizards, a tragedy like that could make you rethink everything you've ever known about the hobby and the people within it....specifically the people you think walk on water.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #1046
DavidBeard
For him to be so famous, I had never once heard of him before I read this thread and I've been heavily involved in the reptile hobby/community for almost 2 decades now. His britches are not quite as big as he believes them to be.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #1047
kerrek
Quote:
If you asked for the case to be dismissed, why then are you suing one of the finest conservation organizations in existence? What kind of person sues a nonprofit?

Although I had not posted on Fauna in a very long time, I am not just jumping into this but followed it from the beginning. It seemed to me that Ty was doing everything he could to handle this situation as reasonably as possible. Furthermore, I know from personal experience what a generous person Ty is, even to people he barely knows. He has also given huge amounts to support conservation, has paid people's vet bills, helped the sick and the dying, donated animals and so much more. Ty has always stood behind his farm and his animals and he is not a man whose feathers are easily ruffled. It takes a lot for that to happen.
I don't know Ty and I don't know the OP. So I have no idea what either one is like outside of this thread. But this is what I see happening in this situation.

Ty offers T- albino tegus that he will produce for raffle $100 a ticket with the money going to Iguana charity. In the case he doesn't produce any albinos he will give $3000 to the winners. OP gets excited to get a chance to win a tegu from Ty park and if she doesn't win the $400 goes to charity win win for her. Ty gets lucky in the genetics lottery and produces all T+ albinos no T- . He then decides they are more valuable then what he was originally donating so they are off the table he will buy 3 T- tegus and send those to the winners.(by doing this he has changed the terms of the raffle. (Everybody that entered; entered to win a tegu produced by him not anybody else's tegu but a Ty Park tegu) The OP not happy with this decides to question Ty asking where these replacement tegus are coming from because she really entered the raffle wanting one of his tegus and that him replacing the prize with a random T- tegu from someone else was shady/scammy. Ty as you say gets his feathers ruffled and won't divulge anything about the replacement tegus. OP asks can I have T+ tegu Ty says no they are way more valuable you can't have one. Ty unable to find any T - tegus decides the heck with it I'll just give everybody T+ tegus. For some reason Ty refuses to tell OP what kind of tegu he's sending just give me your address I'm sending a tegu. All she wanted was to know what kind of tegu she was getting and where it came from. If Ty just answers that simple question none of this other stuff ever happens

Ty's ruffled feathers caused all this grief all he had to do was communicate to the OP what he was sending but he refused to do so. He did this because he thought she was greedy for wanting to know where her tegu was coming from or would have rather just had the $3000 than the random tegu. You ask why she is suing a non profit, she's suing them because Ty forced her to.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:43 PM   #1048
EdwardK
Quote:
Ty Park is one of the least greedy human beings I have ever met. Do you have ANY idea how much he has donated to conservation efforts???
You do realize that this is a deflection and an attempt at justification. As a counterpoint consider that John Wayne Gacy, a prolific serial killer, was a tireless volunteer before he was jailed and executed... If kept in context, volunteering/donating may in theory be an example of good character but for that to be the case, it requires that everything the person does to be above the board because the first bad act pretty much tosses it all down the drain.

Quote:
and is now stooping so low as to file suit against a conservation organization. If I knew nothing else, that alone would destroy all credibility with me.
The correct response to this is so what?!? Conservation organizations get sued all of the time and for many things ... some spurious and some not so spurious in this case the evidence is pretty clear that there is a good chance the conservation organization accepted responsibility for the raffle and Ty's actions are what dragged them into this quagmire. If he didn't want to get them sucked into the mud, then he wouldn't be acting in manner shown in the screen shots of his face book page and elsewhere. Its up to him whether or not the conservation organization gets sued or not ... so you can stop trying to shift the blame here, its pretty obvious what you are doing.

Quote:
I don't care if you believe me. I know what Ty has done for me and for others -- including people he has never even met.
Again see my comment about John Wayne Gacy ... you can appear to be the greatest person on the planet but all of that can just be a front and how they act in each situation will tell whether it is a front or not ...

some comments

Ed

Old 03-07-2017, 11:56 PM   #1049
filenamex5100
I went to a care now clinic early today for a severe sinus infection and they were trying to charge me $79 for a visit but the website says $59. I threw a huuuge fit and filed complaints with the supervisors, all the way up to the directors. didnt even see the doctor.

I say this because they pulled a bait and switch on me for $20.

I think about the OP being bait and switched out of $3K. I would do everything I could to ruin ty for that sort of value!
if ty wants to turn his back on a participant of his raffle, then absolutely the OP should file suit against the non profit!! I sure would.

anyone who thinks ty's defense (any of it) will get him out of wrong doing, is foolish.

ty breaking his own rules and not honoring EXACTLY what he said is the original raffle is the issue. everything that follows is just a byproduct of the root problem.

....think illegal search and seizure. if a peace officer searches a vehicle without consent or legal authority and finds drugs and then makes an arrest, the accused will be let go and the case dismissed because the MAIN PROBLEM was the initial act of illegal search and seizure. everything else following that illegal search in voided by the fact the police made a mistake.

again...thinking that TY is innocent simply by offering her a prize that doesn't match the original add is reckless. I would love to be in court when the judge laughs him out of the courtroom with a judgment to pay the OP the amount of the prize plus damages.

ty can offer her a $100,000 range rover svu if he wants! guess what....the OP doesn't have to accept it. she signed up for a very specific lizard or $3000 in the event said lizard isn't available.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:18 AM   #1050
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
For some reason Ty refuses to tell OP what kind of tegu he's sending just give me your address I'm sending a tegu. All she wanted was to know what kind of tegu she was getting and where it came from. If Ty just answers that simple question none of this other stuff ever happens
This. The entire thread is this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu