Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 108 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #1071
filenamex5100
michelle, has the ircf contacted you in regards to what the problem is anything along those lines? or are they just simply hearing Ty's evidence/side of the story?

if they have not heard your side, from your own mouth, it kind of tells me that they either don't care about you or anyone who takes part in their events/raffles, and/or they knew this was a scam from the get go and don't have a need to hear your side of the story.

if they hosted the event or allowed someone to host on a event on their behalf, they are, in my opinion, 100% responsible to appear in court just as much or more than Ty.
i would think that the simple fact that they have not contact you directly to work it out (let alone even hear your side of the story) just shy shows some level of intent to defraud you or at a minimum strong arm you into going away. that has to mean something (in your favor of course) to the people that may decide your case.

I'm no lawyer but i would think a certified letter sent directly to the ircf addressing this issue in full with your resolution/prize listed would be a big benefit to you. that way they could say they have no knowledge of this and then would have to explain why they haven't taken any sort of action to contact you and work it out.
....just my thoughts.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #1072
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
michelle, has the ircf contacted you in regards to what the problem is anything along those lines? or are they just simply hearing Ty's evidence/side of the story?
The IRCF has been very aware of just what's going on for some time now. Early in the thread, she'd posted her direct correspondence with John Binns, who apparently heads the IRCF. He's also been shown participating in the discussion on Ty's FB page. He has no apparent interest in doing anything other than refunding the $400 she spent on the tickets.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #1073
Sugarhedgie
i have contacted the ircf

by pm they basically said tough its between you and ty (this convo was posted somewhere in this thread)

then i sent them a letter, again posted but pretty much tough crap with a $400 check which i did not cash

then out of the blue weeks later the ircf sent me $400 via my paypal for a "full refund" uhmmmmmmm NOOOO so i refunded it back to them

unlike what ty has said ..... i had the Massachusetts court dismiss my small claims case without prejudice because here in mass raffles are illegal they said all they could award me was the $400 and $100 for filing fees. (this court date was on the 28th)

that day my new FL attorney did send the ircf a 20 day demand letter and attatched the FL state non profit laws 849.0935 with (specifically 4. (b), (c) and (f))

i agree with you ty acted as their agent, the ircf got all payments sent directly to them and the ircf also drew the winning tickets.
they sure did/do know what was and IS going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post

if they have not heard your side, from your own mouth, it kind of tells me that they either don't care about you or anyone who takes part in their events/raffles, and/or they knew this was a scam from the get go and don't have a need to hear your side of the story.

if they hosted the event or allowed someone to host on a event on their behalf, they are, in my opinion, 100% responsible to appear in court just as much or more than Ty.
i would think that the simple fact that they have not contact you directly to work it out (let alone even hear your side of the story) just shy shows some level of intent to defraud you or at a minimum strong arm you into going away. that has to mean something (in your favor of course) to the people that may decide your case.

I'm no lawyer but i would think a certified letter sent directly to the ircf addressing this issue in full with your resolution/prize listed would be a big benefit to you. that way they could say they have no knowledge of this and then would have to explain why they haven't taken any sort of action to contact you and work it out.
....just my thoughts.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:47 PM   #1074
filenamex5100
ok sorry i missed all that. actually I'm sure i read it but it slipped my mind. its no surprise they are of not much help/benefit to your case. the only reason i was asking is because you wouldn't have much of a immediate leg to stand on in court had they not known of these events and the problems following them.
when i went through my lawsuits, sent complaint letters and had copies of their receipt of those letters. once i contacted my attorney, he said "wow...you've already done all the work". we moved forward with the lawsuits a lot faster because of that.
its great they know about it and have done nothing but try to strong arm you. there is a big difference in character judgment when someone actually takes the time to fix a issue or, in their case, just try to throw out minimum dollar amounts to make a situation go away.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #1075
Gordon c. Snelling
USARK is advertising the upcoming Iquana fest on Face book. I made a post suggesting those interested in the "fest" read the BOI thread on Ty. Here is the response they posted after deleting my post.

"USARK - United States Association of Reptile Keepers NOTE: Any comments attempting to discredit IguanaFest or Ty Park's reputation will be deleted and the user banned from our page."

Old 03-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #1076
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon c. Snelling View Post
USARK is advertising the upcoming Iquana fest on Face book. I made a post suggesting those interested in the "fest" read the BOI thread on Ty. Here is the response they posted after deleting my post.

"USARK - United States Association of Reptile Keepers NOTE: Any comments attempting to discredit IguanaFest or Ty Park's reputation will be deleted and the user banned from our page."

Talk about farcebook censorship, too funny just like Parks, dare to comment in any way that differs from their view and poof you are gone. Thats one way to obviously make sure your legion ONLY see one side of a story. TBH if it was not laughable it would be insulting
Makes you wonder if Parks has them in his pocket as well

Old 03-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #1077
Black Adder
Rarely waste time of fb anymore as inhabited by morons and trolls mostly but just to see how they react

USARK - United States Association of Reptile Keepers NOTE: Any comments attempting to discredit IguanaFest or Ty Park's reputation will be deleted and the user banned from our page.
Like · Reply · 6 hrs
Kevin Raynard
Kevin Raynard That is just a pathetic statement and so ignorant, do you think by trying to ban and hide the issue it makes it non existent? The only reason anybody would stoop to such depths is if they were running scared...as Parks is right now. Have you not heard of freedom of speech or democracy?
Like · Reply · Just now

Old 03-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #1078
caffeinecynic
I don't know that I agree with the above assessments of USARK.

My knee jerk reaction to them banning anyone posting links here is one of disappointment, but I believe the reason they are trying to prevent such things from being posted is because they detract from the conservation and preservation message - their first focus.

In other words: I don't believe USARK is in anyone's pocket. I believe USARK is an incorrect avenue for BOI-style posts (on anyone) to be posted, and that their reaction would be the same regardless of which side was bringing it up. I think they want people viewing their posts to focus on the good of the event, not the person holding it.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #1079
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
I don't know that I agree with the above assessments of USARK.

My knee jerk reaction to them banning anyone posting links here is one of disappointment, but I believe the reason they are trying to prevent such things from being posted is because they detract from the conservation and preservation message - their first focus.

In other words: I don't believe USARK is in anyone's pocket. I believe USARK is an incorrect avenue for BOI-style posts (on anyone) to be posted, and that their reaction would be the same regardless of which side was bringing it up. I think they want people viewing their posts to focus on the good of the event, not the person holding it.
I hear you and your thoughts but we may just have to agree to disagree
If the person holding such an event has already been shown to be possibly dishonest and untrustworthy, just what message is that sending out?
I believe it can only do further harm to any persons or organisations future credibility

Old 03-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #1080
DavidBeard
All I can say is that if Ty will do this to one person he absolutely will do it to another.....we've seen it time & time again over the last 15 years or so on the BOI with plenty of bad guys before him that had better reputations than he does, so I'm sure he won't disappoint.

I'm sure his minions' tune would change if they were on the receiving end of his "generosity."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu