Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 96 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #951
nickolasanastasiou
I consider that attempt to force settlement by the IRCF without acceptance by the OP to be an underhanded move given the nature of the ongoing dispute. Cleverness points granted for being somewhat sly, but that does not lend itself to trusting their motives or ethics here. Not cool and very obvious.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:12 AM   #952
tlmoon
I agree - it makes them look very shady! I'm not sure how legal that even is for them to just paypal like that when there is a dispute in the courts. I've been keeping kind of a neutral view of them, but this is pretty sketchy behavior that leads to questions about how legitimate their actions in other areas are.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #953
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I agree - it makes them look very shady! I'm not sure how legal that even is for them to just paypal like that when there is a dispute in the courts. I've been keeping kind of a neutral view of them, but this is pretty sketchy behavior that leads to questions about how legitimate their actions in other areas are.

That's why I sent it right back to them. Having a lawyer draft up a letter to them (the IRCF ) this week
They can't have raffles and have ty acting as their agent, then telling me that it's between ty and I when I asked them for their help.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:30 AM   #954
Sugarhedgie
Another one says "Who produced the animal is irrelevant"
I bet if he/they won the raffle and ty did what he did. They would not be happy either. Unless they just don't care where their animals come from.

Smh
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2017, 06:50 AM   #955
yeloowtang
well, it would have been nice to reply toTy and have a conversation but once he replied back with his only argument that he asked twice for her address, he blocked me, and i think he even changed the setting so only friends may respond !!! nice way to limit the information.. i was going to reply using another family members account but comments are blocked for non friends it seems..

one question for you Michelle, did you get a tax receipt for your 400$ contribution to that non profit organisation ?? reason I ask (where i wanted to go in his post) is that each person who purchased a ticket should be getting one.. not the promoter.. if Ty is racking all the $$ and getting the tax receipt that is illigal !! unless in the USA things are so very different . he donated a reptile for the cause.. the most he can get would be if he sold it to them to raffle off.. they both could get audited by the IRS and they would have a filed trip with this.. there s a reason why rules exist for these things and it s to prevent tax evasions with this kind of raffle..

an ex: of this here, CHEO childrens hospital, they have a raffle/lotterie for a million $$ home and sell 100$ tickets, each buyer gets the tax receipt , the contractor that builds the home donates his time or paid to build the home at a lower cost..

Ty s situation, the most he could claim would be the value of that tegu as a deduction, but not if he donated it, if he claims the total of 14000$ in tax receipts for himself, he s steeling them from each participants and pulling an illegal tax scam by gaining from a lesser value !!

just asking to see if this is the case or if you indeed get a tax receipt ??

Old 02-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #956
kerrek
It's kind of funny how Ty says everybody else doesn't understand or is lying when he keeps contradicting himself. In the current Facebook thread he says he was going to send the op a blue T- tegu while on here he says he was going to send a purple T+ tegu. The way he goes back and forth it's pretty easy to understand why the op wanted questions answered before he shipped her anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
I decided also that I would send her the tegu that I produced (T+ albino) since her contention was that she wanted one that I produced and not by someone else, but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end. I ask for her address twice so that I could ship her the tegu but she refused each time. After the second refusal, I decided to auction off the tegu I was going to ship her to raise more money for IRCF, which we did to the tune of more than $5000.

Ty
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2017, 08:33 AM   #957
Sugarhedgie
I never got a tax receipt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloowtang View Post
well, it would have been nice to reply toTy and have a conversation but once he replied back with his only argument that he asked twice for her address, he blocked me, and i think he even changed the settibng so only friends may respond !!! nice way to limit the information.. i was going to reply using another family members account but comments are blocked for non friends it seems..

one question for you Michelle, did you get a tax receipt for your 400$ contribution to that non profit organisation ?? reason I ask (where i wanted to go in his post) is that each person who purchased a ticket should be getting one.. not the promoter.. if Ty is racking all the $$ and getting the tax receipt that is illigal !! unless in the USA things are so very different . he donated a reptile for the cause.. the most he can get would be if he sold it to them to raffle off.. they both could get audited by the IRS and they would have a filed trip with this.. there s a reason why rules exist for these things and it s to prevent tax evasions with this kind of raffle..

an ex: of this here, CHEO childrens hospital, they have a raffle/lotterie for a million $$ home and sell 100$ tickets, each buyer gets the tax receipt , the contractor that builds the home donates his time or paid to build the home at a lower cost..

Ty s situation, the most he could claim would be the value of that tegu as a deduction, but not if he donated it, if he claims the total of 14000$ in tax receipts for himself, he s steeling them from each participants and pulling an illegal tax scam by gaining from a lesser value !!

just asking to see if this is the case or if you indeed get a tax receipt ??

Old 02-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #958
yeloowtang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
I never got a tax receipt
that is very interesting, maybe someone with knowledge about how that works in the USA could come forward.

but if they are a legit and registered non profit organisation, donations are subject to tax receipts for your deductions, your are the one that donated after all !!! for each individual that gets a 100$ receipt doesn't change much on the big plan.. but when one person collects them all for his purpose, it makes a huge difference for him and he saves thousands in taxes rich get rich but on all of your backs.

so if Ty is taking the peoples donations and then claiming that he has donated 14000$+ to IRCF and HE gets the tax receipts for his deductions ??? now that is way more shady and would raise the curtains on why he's always claiming to donate so much.. all tax deductible. problem with this , is that he's not the one donating all the $$$ he simply donated the animal..

I'm in Canada so it might be different for you guys, but it would make sense why a rich guy donates so much, it's legal if he donates his $$ but he's donating all of you $$ in his name. OHH I get he donates the animal and it has a value, so unless IRCF paid him that vale and gave him a receipt for it !!! otherwise if he donated it, it's considered a gift. In the end that animal was produced by him and really was free and doesn't cost him anything.
this could cause him quite the headaches if the Government starts to investigate, all public info too, he keeps plastering all this on the web

Old 02-23-2017, 11:08 AM   #959
Sugarhedgie
I won't be responding to any more comments here for now but will post updates as they come

Thank you all for your support
Michelle

Old 02-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #960
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloowtang View Post
that is very interesting, maybe someone with knowledge about how that works in the USA could come forward.

but if they are a legit and registered non profit organisation, donations are subject to tax receipts for your deductions, your are the one that donated after all !!! for each individual that gets a 100$ receipt doesn't change much on the big plan.. but when one person collects them all for his purpose, it makes a huge difference for him and he saves thousands in taxes rich get rich but on all of your backs.

so if Ty is taking the peoples donations and then claiming that he has donated 14000$+ to IRCF and HE gets the tax receipts for his deductions ??? now that is way more shady and would raise the curtains on why he's always claiming to donate so much.. all tax deductible. problem with this , is that he's not the one donating all the $$$ he simply donated the animal..

I'm in Canada so it might be different for you guys, but it would make sense why a rich guy donates so much, it's legal if he donates his $$ but he's donating all of you $$ in his name. OHH I get he donates the animal and it has a value, so unless IRCF paid him that vale and gave him a receipt for it !!! otherwise if he donated it, it's considered a gift. In the end that animal was produced by him and really was free and doesn't cost him anything.
this could cause him quite the headaches if the Government starts to investigate, all public info too, he keeps plastering all this on the web
I sit on the board of a 501c3 in the US. We run a lot of money through our books each year. People who donate online through our web site are sent a tax receipt via email. Michele should go back through her emails from the time that she donated to see if she received anything.

From what I read here, raffle participants did not give money to Ty, they donated directly to the IRCF for their tickets. This is why the IRCF can't claim that they had nothing to do with the raffle, and point to Ty to fix any problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu