I CAN'T SLEEP... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
Tiger Lilly
I CAN'T SLEEP...

I have a mandatory training class tomorrow (all week), have to get up at 0530 hrs, and here I am, wide awake!
I guess working night shift is a little tough to break for only a week--I was 25 minutes late for class the first day; 5 minutes late the 2nd.
I PROMISED I WOULDN'T BE LATE THIS MORNING--and now I can't sleep!
Tossed & turned for a little bit...I don't do the tossing & turning thing well. I know if I'm not asleep within 15 to 30 minutes of getting into bed, I'm in trouble.
I'm hoping that staring at this screen for a little bit will help make me drowsy (it does at work )...
IS IT FRIDAY YET? I WORK NIGHT SHIFT FOR A REASON!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 05:12 AM   #2
DAND
As I say (being a chronic insomniac) you can sleep when you are dead.

Good luck with your classes my sleepy friend.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
MikeCurtin
Troi -

If the problem persists, I recommend Melatonin. If you haven't heard about it, it's a natural sleep aid available at any pharmacy or supermarket with all the other vitamins and supplements. The reason I like it is that it's all natural, and promotes good, natural sleep. I work nights as well, so normally sleep late. If I know I have to be up early and/or will have limited sleep, I take one before bed. It makes 4 hours feel like 6. Good luck!

Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
DAND
Three words...

Acme rubber mallet is my next option.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
MikeCurtin
Oh, you wacky guy, you!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
lol i have a post like this somewhere too. Im a big fan of Nyquil. ( Sparingly, it can be addicting, and one should be careful while taking it ) I never get as good a nights sleep as i do taking that stuff! ( I dont recommend anyone taking it regularly, but if you have a night you need to sleep, i would recommend it for a night or two if its safe for you to do so)

Old 09-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
SamanthaJane13
In the pharmacy department, there's a product called "Simply Sleep".

I think it's put out by Tylenol, and it's VERY GENTLE-NOT like having a house dropped on you and having the munchkins singing "Dong-Dong The Witch Is Dead".

My mom uses it all the time.

Me??

I use Temazepam.

I need the house and the singing...

Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
Oh, you wacky guy, you!

http://www.stuporduck.com/sounds/DS183.wav

Old 09-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
LOLOL!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
MikeCurtin
Yeah, the thing I like best about the melatonin is the refreshed, ready to face the day feeling upon waking up instead of the "Why did I just take medicine I did not need soley for the side-effects? medicine head feeling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!