Bad Guy Nick Lillis - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:59 AM   #181
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfiremajick View Post
Mine only shows procedures and money spent i believe.
Are you completely dense or purposefully being obtuse? Take a picture of your receipt and post it, forthwith.

This would be a moot point, had you been more forthcoming with answers instead of the runaround and feigning ignorance. At this point in time, I have doubts you have visited a vet and would like proof of such.

I do hope you have taken them to the vet and receive at minimum half the vet bill for them. Only a blind person send animals out in that condition saying they are in a "heavy" shed. I'm appalled at their skin condition.

––·––·
Nick, I do hope you have learned something with this.
A. Inspect all animals completely before shipping & take pictures.
B. Never request funds sent Friends and Family, it screams SCAMMER.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #182
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I have doubts you have visited a vet.
I have doubts as well. The OP did not even mention a vet until I asked about it in post 14 and 16. And now after purportedly visiting a vet twice, keeps putting off proof, first until results were in, and then would not even post a receipt until they were 'organized'.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #183
greenfiremajick
Morning. I believe the vet should have his report done today or tomorrow. I will be including 2 receipts with the report, as well as lab results if possible. Vet costs as of right now are still pretty low.

Here's to hoping their health improves.

Thanks

Old 06-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #184
orator
Traci,

First and foremost, I am sure all of our concerns are with the animals and their health. I hope they improve and they get beyond this.

That being said, you could have done a lot to avoid further questioning of your character in this situation by providing a receipt much sooner. I am not sure what needs to be "organized" in order to scan or take a photo of 1-2 pieces of paper. There doesn't need to a big some grand reveal. You can post documentation/your proof as you obtain it.

Anyway, hoping for the best regarding the animals health moving forward and l am sure like the rest of those following...anxiously awaiting these organized Vet docs.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #185
greenfiremajick
Ty for your warm wishes regarding the skinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orator View Post
Traci,

First and foremost, I am sure all of our concerns are with the animals and their health. I hope they improve and they get beyond this.

That being said, you could have done a lot to avoid further questioning of your character in this situation by providing a receipt much sooner. I am not sure what needs to be "organized" in order to scan or take a photo of 1-2 pieces of paper. There doesn't need to a big some grand reveal. You can post documentation/your proof as you obtain it.

Anyway, hoping for the best regarding the animals health moving forward and l am sure like the rest of those following...anxiously awaiting these organized Vet docs.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #186
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfiremajick View Post

Guess i wasn't clear...

Fruits ae simple sugars. Mt skinks eat fruit with no problem.
You probably should read up on hind gut acidosis before you dismiss it so casually since healthy Corucia can handle proportionally small amounts of fruit in their diet particularly if it is part of a salad mix, slugs of fruit (taking your word it is fruit given that appears you haven't been totally honest so far) puree orally to an unhealthy skink, in inappropriate amounts is a big problem. All herbivorous reptiles are hind gut fermenters and large amounts of fruit to fiber should never be fed to them as it disrupts digestion, nutrient uptake and gut flora and fauna and potentially death. See this review on tortoise diets and associated bibliography Thompson, Kyle Samuel. Applied nutritional studies with zoological reptiles. Diss. Oklahoma State University, 2016.

As a result, you could easily be contributing to weakness in the animals as this can cause loose stools and ion loss.

Now those skinks should never have been in that condition as that is problematic but your not necessarily making their health any better with shot gun approaches.

some comments

Ed

Old 06-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #187
greenfiremajick
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardK View Post
You probably should read up on hind gut acidosis before you dismiss it so casually since healthy Corucia can handle proportionally small amounts of fruit in their diet particularly if it is part of a salad mix, slugs of fruit (taking your word it is fruit given that appears you haven't been totally honest so far) puree orally to an unhealthy skink, in inappropriate amounts is a big problem. All herbivorous reptiles are hind gut fermenters and large amounts of fruit to fiber should never be fed to them as it disrupts digestion, nutrient uptake and gut flora and fauna and potentially death. See this review on tortoise diets and associated bibliography Thompson, Kyle Samuel. Applied nutritional studies with zoological reptiles. Diss. Oklahoma State University, 2016.

As a result, you could easily be contributing to weakness in the animals as this can cause loose stools and ion loss.

Now those skinks should never have been in that condition as that is problematic but your not necessarily making their health any better with shot gun approaches.

some comments

Ed
Thanks so much for your contributions. Anything given to the skinks has been approved by my vet. I have been extra careful about that as they were in such bad shape upon arrival. Unable to grasp, lethargy, previous issues mentioned, etc. I have not written nor uttered one single untruth. If anything, I've been attacked for beingTOO open and not politically correct "enough."

I do appreciate you contributing to try and offer advice for the skinks and keeping the focus on the animals. Thats the most important thing, here.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #188
Karma Kritters
Those skinks are in about the same shape as the imports that we used to get in. I am not sure if they are bringing them in again but I have been seeing a bunch pop up for sale along with other animals from the islands. In the pictures that were posted of them for sale you can see the raised scales on the tail. They look like they have more raw skin showing than burn marks or scars possibly from being peeled to remove stuck skin?
Set them up quit stressing them and give them a proper diet. Reduce the sweet fruit intake. More leafy plant matter and remove any feces right away as they are prone to eating it. They should have not been shipped like they are, however with proper care they will be fine. I don't know your vet so this is not a personal hit on him/her. Most vets that even ones who claim to be exotic vets know very little about these animals and will often cling to what you tell them and make suggestions based on that. Been there done that many times in the past.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #189
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Kritters View Post
Set them up quit stressing them and give them a proper diet.
I think this is some wonderful advice. I noticed the OP stated she soaked them and assisted in shedding immediately upon receiving them. That is a lot of stress for an already uncomfortable animal to go through, which could be contributing to the appetite issues. I am also disgusted by the state of the skinks skin, however I wonder if it was as obvious to the naked eye before the assisted shedding. Not even saying the OP caused the damage, but more wondering if the excess shed could have contributed to the seller not noticing the damage. Still, shipping an animal in heavy shed sounds awful to me (however I don't ship personally, so I could just be ignorant)... but it would be a hell of a lot better than shipping a clearly unhealthy animal.

OP, you state that all treatment was under the advice of the vet, however you appear (from your previous statements) to have started treatment prior to them ever seeing a vet? If I am mistaken obviously your vet receipts will address that, just going from my interpretation of what was posted.

As far as the dishonesty Ed alludes to, you have been misleading. You stated in your first post that the seller caused another party to lose their entire collection due to crypto, yet now refuse to back up that statement. Also, you started with a list of very unfortunate events that occurred in your life, however I see on another forum where you posted these same events 2 years ago. Not to say that what you've been through isn't awful enough that it would still be painful two years later, but you say it as if it JUST occurred. Whether it happened 10 years ago, or 10 days ago, my heart does go out to you... however when you state it on a completely unrelated business related forums 2 years later it could come off as someone trying to use people's pity to shield them from having to answer questions.

As other people has stated, the saddest part is had you just posted the pictures of the skinks as received, and admitted you were upset and let it get the best of you in your text correspondence, I don't think anyone would be questioning your story. Instead you call Nick out as a flipper (I see a post on this same forums where you bought snakes and then sold them what appears less than 2 months later, could that not be seen as flipping then?) and accuse him of having a devastating disease in his collection that has SERIOUS ramifications (yet refuse to provide any backup to these slanderous claims).

I hope the skinks are on their way to healthy soon. They are truly the ones suffering, the rest of the frustration is just that... frustration. Us humans are used to frustration

Old 06-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #190
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by orator View Post
Traci,

And she dodges yet another legitimate post.....I'm willing to bet we never see any such documentation and she continues to "organize" it for a long long time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!