Bad Guy Nick Lillis - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #191
greenfiremajick
I've seen that as well (many imports coming in).

These guys were sold to me as 4 yo animals that had been in the care of the seller the past year and one other former owner for the 3 years before that... i was told first owner raised them from babies.

Upon arrival they were immediately isolated and qtd because of the shape they were in (and also because i make it a regular practice to do so) and they are receiving care from a knowledgeable reptile vet which also includes diet and so on. Eds providing of the nutritional information certainly can't hurt to study, as well.

I dearly hope you are right and that they will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Kritters View Post
Those skinks are in about the same shape as the imports that we used to get in. I am not sure if they are bringing them in again but I have been seeing a bunch pop up for sale along with other animals from the islands. In the pictures that were posted of them for sale you can see the raised scales on the tail. They look like they have more raw skin showing than burn marks or scars possibly from being peeled to remove stuck skin?
Set them up quit stressing them and give them a proper diet. Reduce the sweet fruit intake. More leafy plant matter and remove any feces right away as they are prone to eating it. They should have not been shipped like they are, however with proper care they will be fine. I don't know your vet so this is not a personal hit on him/her. Most vets that even ones who claim to be exotic vets know very little about these animals and will often cling to what you tell them and make suggestions based on that. Been there done that many times in the past.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #192
orator
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
And she dodges yet another legitimate post.....I'm willing to bet we never see any such documentation and she continues to "organize" it for a long long time.
I hope you are wrong, David...but after reading the thread in it's entirety last night and continuing to follow it as of this morning, I am starting to share your cynicism.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #193
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Kritters View Post
. More leafy plant matter and remove any feces right away as they are prone to eating it..
The reason they eat is because it helps with the microbial biome and may be important to help to reestablish it in sick animals or to establish it in neonates.

Some comments

Ed

Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #194
greenfiremajick
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardK View Post
The reason they eat is because it helps with the microbial biome and may be important to help to reestablish it in sick animals or to establish it in neonates.

Some comments

Ed
Ed. Are you saying you agree or disagree on regards to removing it for these guys? I know healthy mt skinks regularly engage in coprophagia, but what are your thoughts on these 2 skinks?

Old 06-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #195
Snake-Queen
You may not have spoken untruths, but you have spoken RUMORS ... that is just as bad.

You continue to evade on the receipts. Just post a picture of them already. You can post the vet report later. The more you evade, the less I believe you. If others hadn't pointed out the issues in the for sale pictures, I would be highly suspect that those are the same skinks that we're shipped to you.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #196
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfiremajick View Post
I bought 2 skinks from Nick Lillis. They arrived on time. They had some issues of concern and he was willing to help with the vet bills associated.

I initially did a bad guy report, because there were things said to me, that I believed and added to the animal's issues I was duped into believing those things said to me. Nick and I have come to an agreement on those issues, so understand that the "bad guy" thread is irrelevant in regards to his business practices or animals.

Thanks, Nick.
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Old 06-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #197
DavidBeard
How convenient.....another way out of posting proof lol.

I hate to say "I told you so" but, well.....

Old 06-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #198
kmrkvicka
Nick,
Can you please explain how you came to this resolution? I can only see it befitting you at this point. Otherwise there's no resolution and you're leaving potential buyers unsure about potentially purchasing through you

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Old 06-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #199
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
You may not have spoken untruths, but you have spoken RUMORS ... that is just as bad.

You continue to evade on the receipts. Just post a picture of them already. You can post the vet report later. The more you evade, the less I believe you. If others hadn't pointed out the issues in the for sale pictures, I would be highly suspect that those are the same skinks that we're shipped to you.
At this point I don't believe anything other than who she bought the skinks from and the condition they were in. Past that, its a fairy tale.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #200
orator
I still would like to know what the Vet had to say and what those test results were. I am sure I am not alone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!