Upgrade to benefactor?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
Jeremy Letkey
Upgrade to benefactor??

I was curious what the criteria or the cut off for those that were upgraded to the benefactor status. Was it a $100 donation or just giving before it was asked. Like I said just curious. I've seen alot more yellow names around lately and that is a good thing.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Letkey
I was curious what the criteria or the cut off for those that were upgraded to the benefactor status. Was it a $100 donation or just giving before it was asked. Like I said just curious. I've seen alot more yellow names around lately and that is a good thing.
Both.

I believe I mentioned it somewhere that I was going to be giving all of the original members who signed up for the Contributors level membership (remember that green colored medallion?) an automatic upgrade as a thank you for their support before I initiated the new multi level paid membership plan. This was a big THANK YOU for those people who decided to make a contribution before it became mandatory in order to access a few of the forums here for write access. I just thought they deserved a "thank you" from me in return for their showing of support.

And yes, some of those with the benefactor status actually paid for theirs as well. Yeah, I guess it would be a REALLY great thing to have so many people actually pay that $100 membership donation! But I felt I had made a committment and that's what I did. I would have gone whole hog up to the Endowment level, but that had the potential to cause me some grief from quite a number of emails and PMs asking about that free website hosting.... So I decided to just to a single level upgrade instead.

Hope that explains what my thought processes were.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
leaftail
Thank you for the gold coins! It is nice to be appreciated

Old 03-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail

i second that, thanks alot rich

and you are welcome

Old 03-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
go for the gold!!!

Rich, I would either like to be upgraded to the Benefactor level, or know what the pro-rated $ amount would be to attain this level from my existing level.

Thanks!!!

Old 03-07-2005, 12:47 AM   #6
robin d.
i just paid my fine/subscriptionm or whatever and dont even have any coins... i just a penniless pauper

Old 03-07-2005, 12:58 AM   #7
KelliH
That's awesome Rich. I am posting to see if I have gold coins. I want them too!

Old 03-07-2005, 12:59 AM   #8
KelliH
OK, my coins are still silver. I did donate before the switchover, but anyway, how do I get some gold??!

Old 03-07-2005, 02:15 AM   #9
progeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
Ditto! Thanks again Rich! I like the gold coins so I think I’m going to have to keep them.

Old 03-07-2005, 02:20 AM   #10
WebSlave
OK, here's the scoop on this mess.

Remember the green medallion for the Contributors I set up a while back? That was a custom programming job done on an older version of this message board software. Everything about it was customized into the code. Displaying the medallion, expiration date, etc., etc. Well sometime last winter (November, I think) we did a major system upgrade to this software which also included a BUNCH of custom coding carried over from the older system. However, the Contributor stuff really didn't need to be included, as this was now a basic feature in the new version. However I did have the programmer do a conversion to copy over those older system Contributors into the new system.

It didn't work 100 percent. Even worse, the starting and expiration dates did not carry over with anything near accuracy. So some of you are carrying the medallion from that older system right now, while others are completely on the new system. So yeah, there are some glitches that are going to show up here and there. For instance, I know Robin was displayed the new medallion from a recent subscription, but for some reason it was gone when I just looked at it. Yet it was logged properly within the subscription system. I fixed that, but this isn't the first time it has happened.

So what I need you all to do if you were tied into the old system is to give me a date of that previous contribution and I will set things right. All you have to do is to let me know, and I will make it right.

Sorry about the glitches, but they are just par for the course in a complicated system. This system has a LOT of custom programming in the background, and it is pretty much impossible to have all this complexity without things going awry here and there occasionally.

Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!