Alrighty, then! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-07-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
WebSlave
Alrighty, then!

Man, GOT to get me one of these puppies!

Shoots the .300 Blackout round, which seems to be kind of a .308 short. Designed for being shot out of a short barrel.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:09 PM   #2
bcr229
That just screams for one of these:
https://yhm.net/yhm-2130.html

Old 08-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Man, GOT to get me one of these puppies!

Shoots the .300 Blackout round, which seems to be kind of a .308 short. Designed for being shot out of a short barrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post

Yassssssss! Agreed to both! 😂😂😂

Old 08-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post

Yeah, probably would be a LOT easier on my eardrums. Been meaning to look into what sort of red tape is necessary for a "can". There is a thread about this gun on AR15.com and seems most of the people there are putting a can on this gun and a majority even converting it to a SBR by changing the stock. I think I would just as soon keep it in a "pistol" configuration myself.

I'm thinking supersonic ammo sent through a 5.5 inch barrel might be kind of harsh on a lot of suppressors. Ballistics of the subsonic stuff isn't all that impressive out of such a short barrel for rifle rounds.

Of course, likely would be like the last three or four guns I've purchased over the last few years in that I haven't even shot them yet. I guess I like HAVING stuff like this more than actually shooting them.

Heck, I've got a Barret model 95 that I have had for a good 15 years or so (plus or minus 10 percent) and never fired it.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:30 PM   #5
som16724
Getting a can is not all that much trouble, at least in my state oregon. The 7 or 8 month wait for the tax stamp is hard on the nerves though. Once you own one, you will never want to shoot without one though. I'm about to start the paperwork on one for my shotguns. Also they are the best muzzle brake ever, really reduce felt recoil

Old 08-08-2019, 01:21 AM   #6
WebSlave
Shotgun? I never would have thought that a suppressor would work well on a shotgun.

Actually the whole idea of why suppressors are so tightly regulated just baffles me. I mean, come on, a device that makes guns QUIETER is a problem?

But if you remove a muffler from a car to make it louder, that is illegal? Or play your radio too loud on the street is a no-no too? But guns? Nope, they NEED to be kept loud to remain legal.

Heck, I dunno, maybe I'll look into it one of these days. But heck, if I had to wait 8 months, by the time it showed up I will have forgotten what it was for.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #7
E.Shell
Go for it, it'll be fun, you'll like it.

If you can pass the paperwork to buy a handgun, you can do a suppressor - pretty much all the same questions on the Form 4. Find a local C-7 FFL and talk it over. ATF wait time is currently about 9 months.

I am already running a 10" AR handgun in .223 and am putting together a 9" .300 Blackout now, I just got the final parts (handguard/gas tube/gas block) last Sunday. Milled the lowers myself (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4197). I also have a 16" Remington bolt gun in .300 BO.

The .300 BO ammo is available in both full-power, supersonic loadings and in sub-sonic loadings. If you are running a suppressor, you'll want the sub-sonics to achieve much benefit from the can. The suppressor will help control the muzzle "pop", but cannot quiet the mini-sonic boom (crack) from the bullet exceeding the speed of sound.