High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #151
Chameleon Company
I can see people voting a negative GGC on HEH, based on interactions here, in other forums, etc. I am not inclined to do it, but I would note that there is a huge distinction between voting against someone to receive the certification, or abstaining from voting, vs. giving them the medallion to use in all their marketing. A negative vote here isn't much different from a negative post in a thread ...... folks have to come here to find it. On the flipside, Kelli and I are in lockstep about the criteria to give someone a positive vote, so as to extend an award that is supposed to certify integrity. Even bad guys make good deals on occasion, and based on that one good transaction (and often no transaction), folks are ready to hand out integrity certifications? All just IMO.

Richie and others. No doubt that Damon earned his grief. Outside of some thought processes that I could not agree with (such as the "2007 Announcement", which I think is in the "Sound Off" forum), I haven't seen any indication that HEH, reincarnated Damon or not, has not taken care of their customers, or is threatening people as Damon was known for. Not going to debate whether that matters or not, as to each his own. My inclination is that they are the same entity.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #152
Chameleon Company
Ooops. Its at this link in General Business Discussions.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=91926

It struck a few of us as "odd".

Old 01-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #153
varnyard
I don't know about them having (friends). I don't even think any member here has ever met Chris, looking back at the STE thread.

However, I do think the members here should have a say so in the matter when members have a Fauna's good guy banner on their site. If they can not be honest with their fellow members here, as well as ducking and darting the truth and, or scamming, then why should they have a GGC banner displayed on their site? A GGC banner should be in place for honest sellers, not ones that have a hard time telling the truth, or running a less than good business. JMHO.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #154
varnyard
STE = TSE

Old 01-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #155
KelliH
Quote:
I don't know about them having (friends). I don't even think any member here has ever met Chris, looking back at the STE thread.
Yeah, that's why I put "friends" in quotations. I meant it in the sense of their Fauna friends, not real life friends.

Quote:
A GGC banner should be in place for honest sellers, not ones that have a hard time telling the truth, or running a less than good business. JMHO.
Absolutely, 100% agree with you on that.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #156
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz

I understand that it, just like the karma system etc, can be abused and that's a shame. However, my gut instincts are rarely wrong and so long as I have the option of removing my vote when the time is right, then I believe you (Fauna community) have an obligation to cast your vote.

Griz
By the same token I believe as a community we have a larger obligation to wait until wrong doing is proven. So far I have seen a lot of circumstantial "evidence" and no actual proof.

Suppose everyone decided to vote bad guy based on pressure from the handful of posters here who are convinced that this guy is the same as the other person. Then 2 months from now it is proven that he is in fact not this Damon character. What then? You can go back and change your vote, but can you reverse the potential damage to his business that was caused by the two months of being labeled a "bad guy"?

You mention your gut and how it is rarely wrong, that's fine if you are comfortable going on your gut feeling, but don't presume that it is everyones "obligation" to vote bad guy. Some of us possibly require a higher level of proof than circumstantial "evidence" and gut feelings before we are willing to cast a negative vote against someone.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #157
dutchallison00
Sam that post is probably the most refreshing little bit of logic and rational thought in this 32 page sea of mostly garbage. You are to be commended.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #158
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
By the same token I believe as a community we have a larger obligation to wait until wrong doing is proven. So far I have seen a lot of circumstantial "evidence" and no actual proof.

Suppose everyone decided to vote bad guy based on pressure from the handful of posters here who are convinced that this guy is the same as the other person. Then 2 months from now it is proven that he is in fact not this Damon character. What then? You can go back and change your vote, but can you reverse the potential damage to his business that was caused by the two months of being labeled a "bad guy"?

You mention your gut and how it is rarely wrong, that's fine if you are comfortable going on your gut feeling, but don't presume that it is everyones "obligation" to vote bad guy. Some of us possibly require a higher level of proof than circumstantial "evidence" and gut feelings before we are willing to cast a negative vote against someone.
Understood Sam but the opposite is also true. What if he does harm to another and we did nothing?

My belief is that we have to vote our conscience when it comes to this. Your conscience is telling you to remain neutral. Mine is stating otherwise. It's when your conscience is telling you something that I believe you have an obligation to vote.

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #159
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Understood Sam but the opposite is also true. What if he does harm to another and we did nothing?

My belief is that we have to vote our conscience when it comes to this. Your conscience is telling you to remain neutral. Mine is stating otherwise. It's when your conscience is telling you something that I believe you have an obligation to vote.

Griz
I see and respect your point of view as well Bob. However, I just haven't seen it shown anywhere in the thread that he is hurting anyone, or the potential harm to anyone. I have seen several good guy posts but no bad guy posts. It is possible that I missed them, but it seems to me that for now people are rushing to judge based on suspicion and circumstance. Which is of course their right to do, I just took exception to the suggestion that the community was under some sort of "obligation" to vote "Bad Guy" based on something that may or may not be true.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #160
Wilomn
[quote=varnyard]I have one answer to the whole GGC system.

Do good business, be honest and you will not draw a bad vote. It is not that hard, it is called doing the right thing.[quote]

Bobby, this is not true. I had several people, all of whom had had their asses handed to them by myself, on more than one occasion, vote me as a bad guy when I had my GGC. It is the reason I had it removed.

The GGC is more of a group opinion of someone, not a guide to how they do business per se.

The trader rating is ONLY for business doings and ONLY reflects on those business only doings.

The two do quite different though complimentary things.

It's sort of like a big bar, or playground, depending on how you look at life. The regulars all talk, be they drunken psuedo adults imbibing at will, or kids sharing swings and merry-go-rounds, about new people, old people, dealings they've had with people, dealings they've only heard third or fourth hand about, what they think today as opposed to yesterday and why it may be different tomorrow. That's the GGC.

Trader ratings are where you go to court, swear by whatever you hold in respect, put YOUR reputation on the line, and give your opinion of your deal with a particular person for a particular transaction.

Some of us, whether we want to or not, have opinions that are either given weight or disparraged. When we give those opinions we affect whomever we have an opinion on, which way depends on the listener, but a decision can be based on what is ONLY an opinion.

Each person must decide for themselves whether they CARE enough about THIER opinion to voice it and let others take heed or ignore that opinion.

No one has to give that opinion, no one has to listen to it, but if no one who could did, those who shouldn't would be running rampant with those who wouldn't know any better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart