Info Stan Ruppel - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
djansen
Thumbs down Stan Ruppel

Ok, so I just completed a deal with Stan Ruppel.

I was looking for a breedable or almost breedable male fire to breed with my cinny female and pastel female( thanks stickytoungs). I bought a hypo female from stan a while back and everything went smoothy I thought. she was a little under what stan said gram wise but whatever.

I called stan and asked if he had any male fires for sale. he responded by saying that he had a pair of 07s growing like weeds! he gave his number and asked me to call. I did and I stated very clearly that i was looking for a breedable or almost breedable male fire and how many grams this male was. he said 4, 5, 600 I dont know, I would have to weigh him but he assured me that it would breed this season no problem at all. I trused him (mistake).

He said we came to $795 shipped, which I though was a good deal for a near breedable male. he stated that he wanted a postal money order so I sent one out to him. Then it seemed like he fell of the planet, I had to email to see if it arrived and he appoligized for not letting me know it came. oh well n big deal. he said it might take a few days to process and he would let me know when it did but he said he trusted me. dont know why he said that because I had to call and email to get that going too. no big deal right?
then it took close to 2 weeks to ship it out after me calling and emailing when he was going to ship.

finally it came and he said he had just fed it a rat (I only want rat eaters and made that clear). guess how much it weighed? 214 grams!

I called him and told him this is not what he said and he denied ever saying it was that big. I said that i passed on 08s that were larger than this, and he said he was just maintenace feeding it a mouse every week or so. I called him on the mouse and he said rats, mice, whatever. No not whatever!

I asked for my money back and to ship the snake back and he said he does not have my money anymore lol. He said there is no way this 214 g snake wont breed by Feb and that I would be happy with it.

Gee Stan, thanks. btw, you lost a customer.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
David Reid
If what you say is true, very lame. I would like to hear Stan's side....

Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
parker h
Quote:
very lame
Your lame, this guy sends an animal 1/3 of his guesstimated weight and your gonna post this nonesense?

At best the animal was still HALF the weight the seller stated, if what dj has stated is true.

Parker Hanneman

Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
David Reid
Parker, WHAT?

If you cannot communicate what you are trying to say, keep your freakin mouth shut...

Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #5
parker h
You must be pretty slow, Would a question be ok?

As a seller, would it be acceptable to send animals that are 25-50% smaller than you had told the buyer?

Parker Hanneman

Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
David Reid
Slow, you are a freakin snail...did you read what I wrote? I said, if what the original poster said is true, what Stan did was very lame...and then said I would like to hear Stan's version of what happened.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
parker h
I am sorry, i did misread your reply.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
jkloss
Unhappy busy

Stan is very busy and doesn't seem to have much time to respond to emails as I recently discovered in a transaction with him. Don't count on hearing his side of the story anytime soon. I just hope the snake I am supposed to receive tomorrow isn't as slow as he is.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
djansen
One thing I need to clarify is that I have no written proof of stan saying the gram weight. We talked on the phone not e-mail so its his word vs mine. If the post is a violation without written proof I appologize.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
shrap
Written proof in not a requirement of the BOI. It just helps eliminate the "he said, she said" crap.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!