Derrick Wilson ( Wilson Reptiles ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
lepidus1
Thumbs down Derrick Wilson ( Wilson Reptiles )

Anyone hear of Derrick Wilson of Wilson Reptiles in North Carolina? I bought some Vision Cages from him on EBay and he hasn't returned my calls nor have I received my cages. I thought I was fairly safe from scammers on EBay but I guess not. EBay has advised me to file a complaint with PayPal which I will do, but I just don't understand the mentality / audacity behind the thought processes of these scammers. I have his contact number as well as his email but that only works if people respond back to you. Any ideas?

Old 07-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Lucille
How long has it been since you paid? What is his Ebay rating, what have others said about him? Did y'all discuss shipping at all during the auction?

Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
lepidus1
When I made the purchase he said that he would ship out the next day and send me a tracking number. I called and emailed and he replied that he did ship but was at work and would get me the tracking number as soon as he got home. The tracking number never arrived. I assume EBay was monitoring our exchange because for whatever reason EBay discontinued his ad and advised me to post a complaint with Pay Pal. He was a new user without a rating. I guess that was my mistake. It's going on a couple of weeks since the transaction and he has stopped taking my calls or responding to my emails.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
John E Dove
The good news is that Ebay and PayPal are the same company and PayPal is pretty good about covering this sort of thing when it hapens on their parent company Ebay.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!