Charles Clifford Allthatslithers@yahoo.com-thief - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
sylent1
Charles Clifford Allthatslithers@yahoo.com-thief

IF you are in the market for feeder anoles or other herps do NOT trust this guy:

charles clifford
122 brown loop
harleyville,sc 29448
843-225-2777 wk
943-462-2703 hm
Or anyone else using a different name and this address, I recently contacted him about buying 100 feeder anoles as the frozen ones I had bought looked like freeze dried coffee. Guy gave me a big song and dance about how he's "way back in the boonies and shucks we aint got no modern way o' doing things"
Don't send him any money..because the phone numbers are bogus and as soon as he gets the cash he stops responding. And i have given him EVERY opportunity-and if he kissed my butt right here in front of you ALL i wouldn't take back a word-DO NOT DEAL with this guy!

Old 06-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
sylent1
Correspondence ended with these two as soon as they received the money. I have been trying to find out for a week how they planned to ship so I could take steps to make sure the animals did not enudre any more stress than necessary. I have emailed them twice a day to find out what happened to the shipment I was assured would leave on Tuesday. If they DID ship the animals they are sitting somewhere dead in a box because they would not respond. But I don't think they ever shipped them. And it was the positive nature of the posts in the classifieds that encouraged me to trust them. I DID the research-the phone numbers are bogus. I called the work number only to have a guy act like I was disturbing him asking for Chuck Clifford. The other phone number is no good.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
critical bill
I've done business with Chuck & Amber in the past and did not have any problem. The communication was excellent throughout the entire transaction.

I just don't see why they would give anyone the run around for 100 feeder anoles. It just don't make sense to me at all.

Kevin, did Chuck or Amber give you those phone numbers? Perhaps the numbers changed during a move or job change at some point? I mean if they gave you bogus numbers in an email I can see it looking like a case of fraud to you. But if you simply researched them on the net then they very well could be just old phone numbers that they once had a long time ago. Theres really no crime there in changing your home phone number if you move or switching jobs that have a different phone number.

But again, if they provided you with bogus numbers then that's not cool.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
sylent1
Yeah and it was THESE posts that gave me the confidence to deal with them. I was told he had 75 anoles and that he would have the others in a few days. We arranged for me to send a postal money order as he said banks and stores were a distance from him. With each email I kept asking how he intended to deliver as I didn't want them sitting in transit somewhere but wanted to be able to make sure they were delivered (I'm a little off the beaten track). Amber responded that weekend he would send them Tuesday-still no information on how they would be shipped. Wednesday I began to implore them to tell me how they would be shipped as I had received nothing and had no idea if there was problems finding the address. They cashed the money order and refused to respond to any further emails after that weekend. When I called the home number it was a non working number. When I called the work number and asked if he was there the guy said "No," like "why would he be?" I thought it strange the home number and the work number had different area codes (those are copied and pasted off the email HE sent) so I tried it with the other prefix and got no answer. After three days of trying to call and emailing I emailed them that while I could not change the fact that I had trusted him I would do my best to make sure that no one else made the mistake-end of story. Maybe he had a death in the family? But if I had made arrangements like this (regardless of the fact it was for feeder animals) and someone had sent me money I would made the atempt to let them know my situation.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #6
Cat_72
The phone numbers given (assuming that the change in area code was a typo) come back to a Lucky 7's Tattoo shop in Charleston (work number given), and to the home of Amber Diehl in Harleyville. 45 miles between.

Is Chuck a tattoo artist?

Old 06-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #7
critical bill
I noticed in your title that you had allthatslithers@yahoo.com

Have you tried emailing them at: allthatslithers@volcanomail.com

That's the last known email addy I had for them. Maybe this will help you get in touch with them?

Also, go to your post office with your receipt from the money order and file a complaint with your postmaster.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
According to his profile here, Yes he is.

I sent him a private message this morning but he hasn't logged in yet.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:18 AM   #9
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
The phone numbers given (assuming that the change in area code was a typo) come back to a Lucky 7's Tattoo shop in Charleston (work number given), and to the home of Amber Diehl in Harleyville. 45 miles between.

From what I have seen in photos....he has a lot of tattoos.

Its being to smell bad.....like Kevin has been scammed.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:20 AM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
According to his profile here, Yes he is.

I sent him a private message this morning but he hasn't logged in yet.
If you happened to notice..when was the last time they were actually logged in?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!