Bad Guy Beware of Ashtyn RANCE !!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
scales69
Beware of Ashtyn RANCE !!!

Ashtyn RANCE is a Liar and a Crook
So here is the deal, Ashtyn Rance placed an order with a guy I am trying to deal with in Africa. I had nothing to do with the deal arrangements and in no way directed Ashtyn to this guy. They worked the deal out completely independent of me. After the deal was done, I was asked to help and clear the import and forward it to Ashtyn in Florida. I have imported in the past and had no problem with it as long as they covered the cost of everything. While clearing the shipment, a snag was encountered because Air France would not accept credit cards telephonically which was how Ashtyn was supposed to pay the freight charges. After some talk back and for with Ashtyn, I fronted the money on my credit card and he would pay me via paypal. I know, crazy me, but I was concerned about the welfare of the animals. Anyway, moving this shipment went well and Ashtyn DID pay me for the shipping.
A short while later, Ashtyn sets up another shipment. Same thing happens. The one problem we have here is that the supplier in Africa is a bit flakey to say the least, we get notice of shipment at the very last minute so preplanning is a bit difficult. Anyway, same issue – Air France doesn’t know the freight charges until they receive the paperwork plus again they do not accept credit card payment via the phone. Since Ashtyn did right the first time, I figured I could trust him the second time, remember I have nothing to gain from these deals, I am just helping a fellow herper out.
So I front Ashtyn the money and pay Air France for the freight charge and move the animals to him in Florida via Delta. Ashtyn receives the animals and tells me he needs to sell them at an upcoming show before he can pay me back. Until then he does send me $400 of the $1463 that he owes me. After a while I ask Ashtyn for the rest of my money, same excuse, that he needs to sell some animals at another upcoming show and then he will pay me. He promises to pay and he repeatedly tells me he has never screwed anyone over when it comes to reptiles and he never will. Well guess what….. Ashtyn has screwed me over. He has ignored my emails and texts requesting the money and he has ignored my phone calls, recently, he answered the phone and hung up on me.
I have attached a few of our texts confirming that Ashtyn knows he owes me the money…..
You try to help a guy out and he turns around and screws you.
So beware of ASHTYN RANCE, the guy is a lying thief !!!!!!!
He lives in Florida and does business all over the south east.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Is this your same Ashtyn Rance from Fort Pierce Florida? Two Fauna accounts

1. Michael.gherman
2. pitbullmylyfe

There is an Ashtyn Rance on Facebook that talks about his wholesale reptiles for sale as of April 20th, "typical day", your same guy?
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2016, 06:07 PM   #3
scales69
Yes, same guy.
and on Facebook, the guy with the beard and his profile pic is him in a red tank top...... you found him.
Not sure where the Michael Gherman came from, but I know in his original emails it came from that email name. Probably a way to hide his true identity during other scams.

Sad part is the guy could just pay me and everything would be cool, but I help him and he screws me.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:09 PM   #4
scales69
Ha, just saw that pic... it probably shot right after he pulled his head out.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #5
Snake-Queen
Has he been notified of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-25-2016, 10:45 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
When did this happen? Your screenshots say July. What year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #7
scales69
He has been notified, I sent him a message via Facebook. Up to him if he chooses to ignore it.
The shipment was last summer. He's been playing the "let me sell some animals at the upcoming show and I'll pay you then" game for a while as well as been ignoring my contacts so I've finally had enough.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:19 PM   #8
Unsterblich
He lied to me once to get what he wanted. I traded him a monitor for MUCH less than it was worth because I wanted it to go to a good home. I was more concerned about that than the cash. He told me he had a great cage setup for it and blah blah blah. That he'd always wanted one like that as a pet. He swore he'd take such great care of it. So I traded him. Again, doing so, I lost out on several hundred dollars, but he sold me a great story. Two days go by and I find out from a mutual acquaintance that Ashtyn contacted him and others trying to sell it for more than I originally was asking! Eventually, he did sell it. I've told this to a few different folks at local shows and I get the basic same response from everyone. They roll their eyes, kinda laugh, and say something along the lines of, "yup, that's Ashtyn. You can not trust anything he says." He's the perfect example of why it's hard to trust folks within this hobby.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
He owes you how much, Terry? $1063?

Not enough money to pay you back, but enough to recently badger a guy on Facebook for 1000+ baby sulcata tortoises?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:14 PM   #10
pitbullmylyfe
now that I'm seeing this and you see his side to this, first off terry ripped me off with the last shipment he brokered for me . the first 2 came in great. the 3rd one which he is referring too that he stole a box off the shipment and didn't tell me about it, I found out later through the exporter who said he will deal with terry, so I let it be.as far as a monitor I bought off of this guy . don't remember what your talking about but maybe if you came u to me and asked instead of running around to everyone else then you could of heard the real story. and as far as the spur thighs , I have some one looking for that many, not for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!