Growth/bump on dragon's back - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
baskingbaby
Growth/bump on dragon's back

Hey there, I'd appreciate any and all input as to what everyone thinks this could be. A little background info this dragon - just came to me a few weeks ago. He is a hypo trans leatherback. He is missing a hand on his left front but it is completely healed and does not affect him. He has a great appetite and seems healthy and active.

I noticed this bump on his back recently. I don't remember if it was there when I received him or not, but I believe it was. The breeder said this baby has been separated from all siblings since his arm nip as a 1 week old baby and has had no other injuries, injections, or anything. It isn't tender or sore, he has no reaction when I press on it. It has not changed in size since I've noticed it. It feels like a hard 'boney' bump. I don't believe it is movable, it seems like it's fixed in place. The growth/bump in question is on the bottom RIGHT side of the dragon in the pictures.

I'm a vet tech and will be bringing him into my work sometime soon, but would like to hear opinions from everyone since our tight knit dragon community seems to know more than the vets sometimes. Thanks so much!
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
snowgyre
Looks like a healed broken rib to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!