WHAT MAKES A DRAGON A "MICRO SCALE"? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
EXCALIBUR DRAGONS
Question WHAT MAKES A DRAGON A "MICRO SCALE"?

WHAT EXACTLY MAKES A DRAGON BE CALLED A "TRUE" MICRO SCALED BARDED DRAGON? I'VE READ A "TRUE" MICRO SCALE HAS NO SIDE SPIKES, BUT I'VE SEEN DRAGONS LABELED MICRO SCALE (FROM VERY RESPECTED BREEDERS) THAT STILL HAVE SMALL SIDE SPIKES. SO ...WHATS THE REAL DEAL WITH MICRO SCALED?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
JoshsDragonz
There are two types of leather backs in P. vitticeps. There is a codom morph aka Italian leather and American leather. Then there is a recessive form of leather back also. A "true" microscale dragon is a visual representation of a dragon that is both a codom leather and a visual recessive leather.

-Josh

Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
EXCALIBUR DRAGONS
ok cool...
so what does that look like?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
jmp745
It is pretty sick how many people have just slapped the term micro on any dragon they want to sell. All the time lately. You see WAY more fake micro ads than actual micros. Its turning into the new german giant.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
EXCALIBUR DRAGONS
Here is a pic of my Hypo Cawley Red Micro Scale.I assume mine is a true "micro" I got it from Where Dragons Dwell as an adult. Any one else have any pics of their micro scale dragons?
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
jmp745
I tried, but our camera is not working. He is heading into shed anyway. Heres the ad we bought him from though. He is more red than orange like the pictures would have you believe

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=microscale

Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
EXCALIBUR DRAGONS
Nice looking dragon.I see yours has very little to no side spikes like mine. I think that this must be one of the main physical traits.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
jmp745
maybe you could ask the people you bought him from about it? I think some regular leatherbacks have smaller side spikes. I'm not sure if all micros have them completely absent like ours or not. Josh Dovenbarger would be the one to ask about that.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
EXCALIBUR DRAGONS
Ok thanks. I'll try to contact him

Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
jmp745
I managed to find this thread where he talks about them some, and has some pictures. His wording about the side spikes was "micros have very reduced side spikes". So maybe some of them have small ones

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=306924&page=2

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!