Male Beardie wont eat... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2007, 06:35 AM   #1
Savannah25
Male Beardie wont eat...

When my male and female beardie were hibernating they didnt eat much...since then my female beardie layed her eggs and she is eating plenty now but a month later...even the male beardie still isn eating. They are both seperated and dont get much contact...they both get the same temp range...coldest area is upper 70s and warmest is 95-100. The male is more inactive and occasionally takes a bite at the red beardie dragon bites (those square little dragon treats)....but thats all he'll ever eat...and only 2 or 3 mini squares a day...which is the equiv. of a mealworm..which is hardly anything for a 9 month old beardie.

His body structure appears still healthy thankfully...muscles and bones look fine...cant see any ribs...just an empty stomach...like he cant get out of hibernation mode...
any suggestions?
anything would be appreciated...would hate to loose this lil fellow..

Old 05-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
Savannah25
Forgot to mention...the size of their cage is a 6 foot tank (20 inch wide by 20 inch high)...split in two by a divider...each beardie gets half of it..

Old 05-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

How old is your UVB & what type of UVB do you have? It may be time to change that. Also, you could stand to up the temps just a tad, maybe to 105 to provide more heat.
See if that helps out any to bring your male around a bit more.
Are they both around 9 months old? How long did they brumate for? Do they have adequate fat stores on them? They were awfully young to have gone into brumation though being that young.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!