4 heat packs in a box DEAD SNAKES whos to blame - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
Mickey_TLK
4 heat packs in a box DEAD SNAKES whos to blame

I got a box of 3 cb emeralds in the mail today fed ex. My shop does not open untill noon, but of course they tried to ship prior to that. My temps locally are 60 degrees. Once I had the tracking info (not supplied by shipper) I sent out to get the box. I was able to get the box at 3:30 today (same day, just a few hours late)

I have a temp gun, I was able to read temps as high as 112 degrees. A inch or two away from packs, I temped as high as 96. Box ambient with lid cracked was 88.

Who fault?

Old 02-03-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
E2MacPets
Shippers fault entirely. No doubt whatsoever.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
Chris@TSE
Agreed

Old 02-03-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
Bill_Leverton
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_TLK
I got a box of 3 cb emeralds in the mail today fed ex. My shop does not open untill noon, but of course they tried to ship prior to that. My temps locally are 60 degrees. Once I had the tracking info (not supplied by shipper) I sent out to get the box. I was able to get the box at 3:30 today (same day, just a few hours late)

I have a temp gun, I was able to read temps as high as 112 degrees. A inch or two away from packs, I temped as high as 96. Box ambient with lid cracked was 88.

Who fault?
WTF ok Where was this box shipped from The North Pole??? thats some really high temps I think who ever shipped you those snakes wasnt thinking when they shipped are they still alive?

Old 02-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
Bill_Leverton
my bad Fried Snakes shippers fault refund warranted

Old 02-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #6
ShannanD25
I agree with everyone else, shipers fault. The shipper cooked them.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
DragonCharm
First thing I do when I ship is go to weather.com and check my weather, weather on the reciever's side and weather in the center of the country to see if their will be delays at the hub. From that data I plan dates and how to pack.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #8
Mickey_TLK
Well here is the problem

They were shipped from Florida

They were shipped by one of the biggest names in the business.

I have a store to supply, and need suppliers, so I dont want to burn bridges

The supplier claims that is standard shipping, and the delay caused the deaths

"We put the same amout of heat packs in every other box (44) that went out yesterday, The delay is no doubt the very reason they died... So what do you want to figure on it?"

Direct quote from shipper

Im so done with this crap its not funny. I sent out 25 very healthy dragons for theese snakes. Had they arrived dead, you can bet your ass I wouldnt have gotten anything.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:28 PM   #9
DragonCharm
If you and the shipper can not come to a MUTUALLY ACCEPTABLE resolution to this put his name here. Hopefully if they are a reputable person there will be no real problems resolving it.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #10
Bill_Leverton
Ok Mickey dont take this on a person level but if your not going to give names then why did you post .if a Big name shipper sent this to you how are we to know who to be weary of or are we just to stop buying from anyone in Fla jmo