4 heat packs in a box DEAD SNAKES whos to blame - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:06 PM   #61
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Reptiles
we have used 4 heat packs in our boxes all winter long...So I have no clue as to what you are talking about
Alfredo, curious as to how many orders you have processed this winter? Hundreds right? If 2 low heat and 2 reg heat packs have worked for all of those shipments could this not just be bad luck, not shipper error here? Maybe 4 heatpacks isn't a death sentance, maybe it would depend on the types of heat packs used?

This is what I think should happen, one party needs to just call it a loss and walk away. Either Alfredo credits him or Mickey calls it a loss and walks away, whichever just end it. In the grand scheme of things this is small potatoes.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #62
Ophis
Actually I don't think Xtreme said that they never used 4 heat packs. They posted that they have been shipping with 3-40hr and 1-30hr pack all winter long (Which is actually more heat pack strength than were in TLKs package. He said his package had 2-40s and 2-30s).

I think the opposite would be true in relation to Xtreme customers posting if their snakes were not cooked upon arrival. What you would have, if there were a problem, would be alot of people posting about their cooked snakes from Xtreme. Lack of such postings tends to support Xtremes position.

We will never know what the temps were in that package throughout its journey, but I am guessing that the most drastic rise in temp and the highest temp achieved, was between 10:15 (when the outside temp was in the low 40s) and 3:30 (when the outside temp was in the low 60s)

I too thought it was probably the shippers fault at first, but after hearing Xtremes(And I don't know them from adam.) position and the fact that TLK missed a chance to recieve this package 5 hrs and 15mins before he did (not "A couple of hours" as others have stated) becoming more evident and that the outside temp rose 20 degrees during that time (who knows how much they rose inside the shipping vehicle!) I can no longer make that assumption.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #63
Mickey_TLK
Actually he stated originally that they had been shipping with 2 40 hour and 1 30 hour. So yes there was more heat in my box then others boxes.

As we can all see, all were going to do is beat a dead horse on this one.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #64
Mickey_TLK
You know whats funniest to me about all this. I personally have never had before this package, 4 heat packs in on box EVER in 10 years.

Here is a good test

HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE SHIP BOXES THAT ARE 16 x 16 x 8 with 4 heat packs?

Honestly how many times have any of you had a box with 4 packs in it?

Old 02-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #65
The BoidSmith
Tos

Someone told me once that should've, could've, would've, etc. do not exist in the real world.

Having said this, Mickey should've been there, he acknowledged that already. On his defense: he never got a tracking # (so he was not certain the package was arriving, and he had some other urgent things to take care of.

There's only one thing we have in writing Live arrival guaranteed". After all this I'm not really sure why that sentence is there.

Alfredo,

If you feel requiring a signature is silly (which protects both the animals and yourself) you might consider removing the previous one from your page, as it has demonstrated meaningless.

Regards.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #66
Mickey_TLK

Well there are the pics. That was a half hour after I opened the box. The temp in my store was approx 72 degrees. The box had been opened up for a while, so the temps were likely that high the majority of the trip IN MY OPINION.

Tell you what Alfredo, Im willing to stake my reputation that the delay did not at the very least soley cause the problems. I guess your willing to stake your on the fact that 4 heat packs CAUSED NONE OF THE PROBLEMS. I like my stance far better then yours.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #67
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Reptiles
Funny we shipped out 44 Large boxes yesterday with 3 -40 hour heat packs and 1 -30 hour heat pack all over the US with no Incident? Maybe he may want to add a little more info? Like the night time low in his area was 22 degrees reported high was 45 degrees..(if any one wisheds to verify http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...ml?locid=68132) How about the temps in Memphis where they spent the night, low of 43 degrees high of 46 ...(if you wish to verify http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...locid=USTN0325)... The large 16x16x8 box was our standard large with 1/4" styrophoam, not the thick styro fish boxes that some use which hold much more heat... As of last check today in the month of january we shipped out 293 large boxes all with the exact same amount of heat packs, and 0 have arrived with all animals cooked... some arrived with animals cooler than desired... He is also takeing temp reading of the heat packs indoors at room temps not of a box in transit...He knew the animals were sent priority overnight to his shop, if wasnt planning to be there as early as fed ex why not send it to a more appropiate location? All the snakes didnt arrive dead as he claims either, one was alive upon arrival and then died a bit later... The other 2 appeared to have just died...Here you can see where fed ex shows the delivery attempt
Feb 3, 2005 3:23 PM
Delivered
Omaha, NE
10:15 AM
Delivery exception
OMAHA, NE
Customer not available or business closed
7:45 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
OMAHA, NE
So now shippers have to also bear the burdens of others mistakes? Funny how he first admitted to his error and said he wasnt looking for any compensation? These guys sat in a fed ex truck for an extra 5 hours and 15 min..
Alfredo Veloso
Like I said. Xtreme posted that they shipped with 4 heat packs, 3-40hr and 1-30hr. From TLCs description of the actual heat packs enclosed, there were actually 2-40hr and 2-30hr packs. So NO there was LESS heat in your box than in other boxes.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #68
Mickey_TLK
"People fail to see the faxt that there were 3 heat packs of average temp 108 (the normal one used by everyone) and a smaller one average temp 70 degrees.... we use the smaller one to help balance the box out and after 6 years of doing so have manged to come up with thsi formula.... So in essence there were 3 hot heat packs and one that was a lot cooler and if mickey checks he will see that heat pack has 2 red stripes on it

Alfredo Velsos"

As you can see at one point Alfredo said 3 heat packs. He did not pack the animals himself, so he may not have even truely known how many heat packs were in it.

If he truely were shipping boxes with 4 heat packs to everyone, Im sure someone else will chime in to that fact. As I said I have NEVER before this recieved a box with 4 heat packs in it. Let alone loosely packed in the box.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #69
Mickey_TLK
DUH MY MISTAKE, I MISSED THE SECOND PART IN MY HASTE.

Either way, I still stand by never haveing recieved 4 heat packs in one box before.

Well this soap opera is over, unless Alfredo has anything new to add (as Im sure he likely doesnt) then its just going to die. Speaking of death, the 3rd one is on its door as we speak. Thats 0-6 with xtremes emeralds for me this season. Who knows if the 4th one will eat either, time will only tell.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #70
Ophis
What!? even in the qoute you just posted its clear that he is stating that he packed 4 HEAT PACKS! 3 normals and a smaller one. I just can't see how this translates to you as 3 heat packs!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!