Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 145 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:39 AM   #1441
FresnoTortoise
I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say Ty may have forgotten that he appears to have messaged OP this line "Ok I'll send u one I produced ok." He may not have saved all the early messages like OP did.

I generally do not call people lairs. And I hope I did not call anybody a lair during our 140 pages of happiness.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 AM   #1442
FresnoTortoise
Then a few messages down he says what you suggested, that he is sending her a tegu that will look like the one on the raffle photo. Confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
From post #42

He said he was sending her an albino tegu like the one in the photo. The one in the photo is a blue albino tegu. He did not produce any blue albino tegus, which Michelle asked about. She then asked if he was sending her a purple. He maintained it was like the one in the photo - which, again, is not a purple.

Reread, Mike.

All Michelle did was try to confirm what he was sending her. He did not produce any blues. He admitted this. He maintained repeatedly that he was going to send her one like in the photo. He didn't produce one like in the photo. So where was it coming from?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #1443
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
Then a few messages down he says what you suggested, that he is sending her a tegu that will look like the one on the raffle photo. Confusing.

That's kind of the source of why everyone involved thinks Ty is in the wrong. You've just hit the nail on the head.

- He posted a picture of a blue albino tegu
- Admits, several times, he did not produce any blue albinos
- When asked, says he'll send one like in the photo [blue albino] that he produced

Michelle went on to ask for him to share where he produced blue albinos. Giving her benefit of doubt, I'm assuming she asked this because she (like many people reading this) became confused - one minute he said he did not produce them, then says he did. Then he says he's going to send her an albino tegu 'like the one in the photo' - but he didn't produce one like in the photo...

It gets confusing very quickly. I believe, based on Michelle's dire insistence that she wanted a Ty Park-produced Tegu, that had he simply said "I didn't produce any blues, but I have a purple I will send you", she would have accepted.

The thing is, in Ty's one post here, he outright admitted he didn't communicate that through to her to the letter, and Michelle was more discerning in what she was getting than many others would be. I don't think she's in the wrong for being discerning, or at least wanting to know for sure 100% what she's receiving.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #1444
FresnoTortoise
discerning didn't really help the situation. I wish both of them would have just picked up the phone and actually talked to each other. Texting makes everything more confusing.

In the end it appeared she was offered an albino blue tegu (purple tegu is still a blue tegu) produced by Ty Park, just what was stated on the raffle, an albino blue Tegu. Both sides could have done things better. Some people call this a slam dunk case for OP, this is no slam dunk case. I think it will surprise everybody on how this will turn out.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #1445
caffeinecynic
I think from a moral standpoint, it is a slam dunk.
I'm not so sure it'll be that simple legally, but I hope that she wins.

Being discerning may not have helped her much in regards to him, but I think it's not unreasonable to want to understand exactly what you are receiving. It's unfortunate that Ty was unwilling to work with her on that.

I unfortunately don't know enough about tegu genetics to comment with authority and I'm fine admitting that. However, by Ty's own admission, purples are worth significantly more - and are not what is in the photo. I can see why Michelle was unsure what he was sending her when he said that.

I'm more of a snake person. Sometimes lineage can be really important, especially if you plan to breed eventually. I understand why Michelle would ask the questions she did, they are the same ones I think most people would ask.

No matter how it's spun, I believe Michelle was in the right here. I can see where her manner, especially given that typing lacks tone, could come off as brusque and maybe even a little rude - but the attitude I have on that is this: She won her prize, fair and square, and if Ty had simply communicated that to the end correctly with her and sent her the prize, he could block her and have no further communication with her and this whole problem would have gone away. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that he has every right to dislike her personally - that's his prerogative. But... she won. She won the raffle exactly as he offered it, and he didn't uphold his side; it's hard to be sympathetic with him when he's the one being obstinate simply because he can be.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:40 AM   #1446
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say Ty may have forgotten that he appears to have messaged OP this line "Ok I'll send u one I produced ok." He may not have saved all the early messages like OP did.

I generally do not call people lairs. And I hope I did not call anybody a lair during our 140 pages of happiness.
Nice spin job. He flat out says he didn't tell her because he wanted to see what kind of person she was and according to him she was greedy to the end. Oh the horror she actually wanted the prize she had signed up for. What a heartless greedy monster she is. I mean asking where the tegu was coming from how dare she be so inconsiderate. It's like she actually cares about the animals lineage, who in the reptile industry thinks like that? I mean it's not like people pay more to get reptiles from certain lines or from certain people right?

Old 04-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #1447
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
I unfortunately don't know enough about tegu genetics to comment with authority and I'm fine admitting that. However, by Ty's own admission, purples are worth significantly more - and are not what is in the photo. I can see why Michelle was unsure what he was sending her when he said that.

I'm more of a snake person. Sometimes lineage can be really important, especially if you plan to breed eventually. I understand why Michelle would ask the questions she did, they are the same ones I think most people would ask.
I brought up this exact point a while ago but no one ever answered the question - in the tegu world is a critter's lineage/provenance important or not?

And, not to put too find a point on it, but I will not accept critters into my collection if they came from certain sources even with good provenance.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #1448
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I brought up this exact point a while ago but no one ever answered the question - in the tegu world is a critter's lineage/provenance important or not?

And, not to put too find a point on it, but I will not accept critters into my collection if they came from certain sources even with good provenance.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong... but I believe purples are actually genetically both blue and red, whereas an albino blue would be just blue.

Which I think makes one a hybrid and one not?

To me that's a pretty important distinction to know if you plan to breed.

(Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I've done preliminary Googlefu and that does not make me anywhere close to an expert.)

Old 04-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #1449
KelcifersDragons
Ty calls his t+ albinos purples when the purple tegu is a blue red hybrid. That's where some confusion came in.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #1450
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelcifersDragons View Post
Ty calls his t+ albinos purples when the purple tegu is a blue red hybrid. That's where some confusion came in.
Well now I'm even more confused, lol.

So I will summarize my opinion as knowing the genetics and lineage is probably pretty important in the tegu universe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu