Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 150 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:48 AM   #1491
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Too much pride ??? Are you kidding ?? Mr. Parks has no pride ... if he did he would have never treated Michelle like this and would have given her the tegu that she won or paid her the $3000.00

( I can't say what I really want to say about him because I don't want another infraction )

Instead he is going to TRY and milk me dry in legal fees but It could backfire on him. JS

And thank you!!!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #1492
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Well put Jim. The word "proud" should only be used in the context of people who earned the right to feel that way. Ty doesn't feel pride. Self entitlement, maybe. Self absorbed, definitely. Holier than thou, absolutely! Misogynistic...hmmm. One thing is for sure. This site works. I wouldn't buy Jack Squat from that creep.
I definitely agree that this site works, I feel he is in the wrong in this situation. Before this thread, I was actually looking at some of his stuff. Now, I wouldn't even consider buying one of his animals, from someone else. I'm sure he doesn't need my money anyway.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #1493
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer View Post
Based on the evidence that had been presented and his post here. My guess is he got annoyed at her for asking questions and it escalated when she tried to collect on his contest terms and he blew up at her because of it. After that, it seems like he simply has too much pride getting in the way and it isn't allowing him to see clearly enough to accept that he was wrong.

Sad to say, he's failed many times in this incident at being the "bigger man" one expects from any properly run business.
I think there is much more to this issue than pride gone wrong.
Prior to his debacle with Michelle, there is the whole question of the legality of Ty's part in this raffle in the first place.
And after it, the unwholesome excuses given by Ty and the IRCF where each made unsuccessful (IMHO) campaigns to try to exculpate their poor behavior and try to take the heat off of their own situations by focussing on the supposed untouchable holiness of non profit where any complaint against them would be a sin, which fortunately most people saw through immediately..

Old 04-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #1494
JimM
Quote:
Pride is a sin for a reason, let's not forget that. It's not a good trait in large doses because being "too proud" means never being able to admit your mistakes and boy has he ever made mistakes with this situation.
Having pride is a sin ??? First time I ever heard that. Wow, I see that as completely ass-backwards.

To me it's the absence of pride that could be considered is a sin. The absence of pride in your self, what you do and treating others in a disrespectful / dishonest way could be considered 'a sin' ... like Mr. Parks has been doing.

I guess we just see 'pride' differently ...

Old 04-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #1495
Herpin Man
Pride is one of the "Seven Deadly Sins" in traditional Christian teachings.

I agree with you though; people should take more pride in what they do, not less. If more leaders and business people's actions were motivated by pride instead of greed (another "deadly sin") the world would be a much better place.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #1496
AllisonLeigh
Exactly what Herpin said. The idea of pride being a sin is based on the definition of pride being "An excessive admiration of self", not the definition we're used to in regular day to day speech which is taking satisfaction in one's achievements. The sin of pride is more like being full of yourself than taking pride in your achievements.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #1497
DavidBeard
150 pages.....at this point, why is this thread still going? lol

Old 04-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #1498
tlmoon
I think Ty is hoping it will go away. I think that's an excellent reason to keep the thread going - it should only recede when he has made right on his obligation.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #1499
Deer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
Exactly what Herpin said. The idea of pride being a sin is based on the definition of pride being "An excessive admiration of self", not the definition we're used to in regular day to day speech which is taking satisfaction in one's achievements. The sin of pride is more like being full of yourself than taking pride in your achievements.
Bolded for emphasis, as that was the way in which I was using the term at the very start of this conversation, which has since been taken out of context - even though it is still an accurate statement. Again, the deadly sins are all in EXCESS. Normal amounts of pride means taking pride in your work / pleasing others / doing good. TOO MUCH pride means you believe you can do no wrong, don't need help with anything, basically no one can do it like you so they can just go bleep themselves. Two guesses where Ty falls under the pride spectrum in my book.

And back on point and to the OP; any word on court stuff yet? At least any vague idea from your attorney? I'm anxious to see where this goes. I'm sure not as anxious as yourself though.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:55 AM   #1500
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Bolded for emphasis, as that was the way in which I was using the term at the very start of this conversation, which has since been taken out of context - even though it is still an accurate statement. Again, the deadly sins are all in EXCESS. Normal amounts of pride means taking pride in your work / pleasing others / doing good. TOO MUCH pride means you believe you can do no wrong, don't need help with anything, basically no one can do it like you so they can just go bleep themselves. Two guesses where Ty falls under the pride spectrum in my book.

And back on point and to the OP; any word on court stuff yet? At least any vague idea from your attorney? I'm anxious to see where this goes. I'm sure not as anxious as yourself though.

All I can say is my attorney has filed a motion and were just waiting on a hearing on the motion.
I don't have to go till trial if there even is one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu