Bad Guy Major League Exotic Pets - Allen Both - Reptile Kingdom - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #11
JRLongton
In seeing the receipt that Allen posted I just called my credit card company. The refund just went through yesterday. I would not have been able to see on my statement until yesterday evening, after I had already posted my complaint.

I felt, reasonably, that a week should be enough to see the refund come through. I was wrong in that assumption and apologize to Allen for this mistake.

He did not lie on that account and I was wrong to have accused him of such.

I will amend any other negative reviews I have left.

I continue to be distraught over the loss of the snake.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #12
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLongton View Post

Well done on acknowledging the refund, and sympathies on losing the snake, it must have been horrible. What exactly was the diagnosed illness?

Old 10-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #13
Mister Internet
Quote:
In seeing the receipt that Allen posted I just called my credit card company. The refund just went through yesterday. I would not have been able to see on my statement until yesterday evening, after I had already posted my complaint.

I felt, reasonably, that a week should be enough to see the refund come through. I was wrong in that assumption and apologize to Allen for this mistake.

Still interested in the lethally "contagious" communicable disease you cited as the definitive cause of the snake's death... can we see the documentation of the illness being identified?

Old 10-23-2018, 11:21 PM   #14
David Reid
That boa looks skinny. If you buy skinny, sick animals then you basically tell the seller it is ok to sell such animals. Buy from a breeder......

Dave

Old 10-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #15
Mike Schultz
Always great when a BOI ends up saying more about the customer than the seller!

Old 10-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #16
JRLongton
Look, I left the bad review because I was told over the phone to expect a refund. I waited 6 days and called my credit card company several times to find out if the refund had gone through.

Who here does not think 6 days is a reasonable time frame for a refund to go through on a credit card?

After 6 days, I felt lied to and left the negative review as a means to compel the promised refund. Unbeknownst to me the refund just took unusually long. Perhaps because it was one of those cell phone app transactions.

Regardless it is clear that the refund was initiated as promised, Had it come through more quickly I would never have left this review. I certainly would never have called Allen a liar.

Now that the matter is resolved, I will request that the moderators/administrators delete the thread.

Frankly, I just want this nightmare with all its ugliness to be behind me.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #17
Mike Schultz
Unfortunately, they do not delete posts on this page. Allen has a bad mark on his name for the lifetime of this website because you jumped the gun and crucified him for having the audacity to offer a full replacement or a refund on an animal you never even proved died, or saw a vet.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #18
Wilomn
You've made a statement about a fatal illness being contagious. Is there any proof of this or were you just trying to bolster your claim?

Old 10-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #19
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Look, I left the bad review because I was told over the phone to expect a refund. I waited 6 days and called my credit card company several times to find out if the refund had gone through.

Who here does not think 6 days is a reasonable time frame for a refund to go through on a credit card?

After 6 days, I felt lied to and left the negative review as a means to compel the promised refund. Unbeknownst to me the refund just took unusually long. Perhaps because it was one of those cell phone app transactions.

Regardless it is clear that the refund was initiated as promised, Had it come through more quickly I would never have left this review. I certainly would never have called Allen a liar.

Now that the matter is resolved, I will request that the moderators/administrators delete the thread.

Frankly, I just want this nightmare with all its ugliness to be behind me.
This "matter" is not "resolved". You didn't just call Allen a liar. You did something potentially far more damaging! You accused him of selling a fatally sick snake that is contagious. That is every viewer's worst nightmare. You are obligated to prove it or you will be dubbed every seller's worst nightmare. I think I get why you want this thread deleted...wink, wink.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:08 AM   #20
Chris Kennard
Quote:
I, Jason R. Longton, swear that what I relate below is the truth and factually accurate.

Allen Both of Reptile Kingdom is now operating as Major League Exotic Pets and just as crooked and deceptive as ever.

On October 7, 2018, at the New England Reptile Expo in Manchester, NH, I bought what was purported to be a baby hog island boa constrictor from Allen Both, the owner of Major League Exotic Pets for $175. I noted that the poor little guy didn't look well but was then given every explanation imaginable, he was in shed, he hadn't been fed recently, he was dehydrated, he'd be fine, lies, lies, lies.

Foolishly, I determined to buy the poor creature and do my best by him. Six days later the boa was dead. It wasn't that he was "in shed" or hadn't eaten recently. He was extremely ill, contagious, and dying. That so many excuses were offered just demonstrates that Allen knew that the creature was sick but cared more about making a quick buck than doing right by a customer and the animal.

To be perfectly clear, Allen sold me a dying animal, knowing full well that it was extremely sick and would soon be dead. Worse, he knew it was highly contagious and could transmit the illness to the rest of my pets. He just didn't care.

I had kept the boa in a brand new PVC custom built enclosure (from Animal Plastics) with a new radiant heat panel. Now that a sick animal was kept and died therein, it can no longer be used! I lost an enclosure, heating device, $175, and placed all my other animals at risk, not to mention the emotional toll of watching a pet I had come to care for die slowly and painfully. But Allen made a couple of bucks!

I called Allen, and explained what had happened. He had the nerve to offer me a replacement animal! As though animals are replaceable! I told him I wouldn't even touch an animal of his, but considering all that I had lost, it would be appropriate to at least give me a refund for the boa constrictor. Allen initially balked but when I pointed out his atrocious reputation he agreed. He made a nice show of getting the last four of my credit card and told me over the phone that the refund was being processed right then. I got off the phone with him and immediately called my credit card company to verify that the refund was made. I wasn't at all surprised to learn that no refund had been initiated. He had lied yet again! The man has no scruples at all.

It should be pointed out that this was at the New England Reptile Expo in Manchester, NH. This crook was handing out diseased dying animals to potential customers who would put their hands all over these sickly creatures only to then go to the next table and handle other breeders healthy creatures! Were I a breeder I wouldn't show my animals at any event that allowed Allen's festering table of infectious pathogens to be set up.

Allen is a menace. He has a long record of lying, selling sick animals, spreading illnesses to other peoples animals, and shady practices. What some people will do for a buck.

I imagine that the reputation of the Reptile Kingdom was so ruined that he needed to change the name to Major League Exotic Pets. Seems the cat is starting to come out of the bag though.

If you care about the health and well being of your animals, and your own, STAY AWAY from Major League Exotic Pets and Allen Both.
Oct. 7th...poor little guy didn't look well. Got it. Second paragraph...you "determined" to buy "the poor creature". Got it. He was "extremely Ill, contagious, and dying". You also said "Allen knew that the creature was sick". You went as far as to say "Allen's festering table of infectious pathogens, blah blah blah. You call him a menace. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Judging from this thread, you appear to more of a menace. You started this thread. You finish it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!