Bad Guy Pixie77 - fraud - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
Red Island
Arrow Pixie77 - fraud

Tried to sell Rhino iguanas asking for payment using paypal friends option. Hes now banned - I wonder why!

Old 11-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
Red Island
BEWARE
He goes by Mr.Washington
PayPal name is Williams McGee
Dormologist22@yahoo.com

Old 11-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
Pasodama
Is this thread solely because he asked for the Paypal payment to be sent as friends/gift?
If so, that does not mean he is a Bad Guy.
Sure, it is against Paypal's policy to send a purchase payment, via the friends/gift option, and no seller should request it (nor make the buyer pay the Paypal fees if that were to ever come about) but, again, not quite "Bad Guy" worthy.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
Is this thread solely because he asked for the Paypal payment to be sent as friends/gift?
If so, that does not mean he is a Bad Guy.
Clearly, the OP begs to differ. Since the thread's been posted in the proper format, it's here to stay. It'll just have to be up to individual readers to decide just how much of a Bad Guy the seller's actions make him.

OP, you may want to post the correspondence, for posterity's sake.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Pasodama
Meant to add ...
If he is wanting you to send payment, to another person's account (i.e. a friend, co-worker, etc.), it does not, automatically, make him a "Bad Guy". However, I would agree with being very wary of, and tread carefully with, that person.
With only one particular situation aside, I would not send money, to a Paypal account, where the seller, and Paypal account, names do not match.
Is there more, to this story, that would positively show this person to be an actual "Bad Guy"?

Old 11-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Fangthane
I will say that it's pretty hard to make an argument for such a seller to be considered much of a Good Guy. He's simultaneously trying to defraud PayPal out of their fees and putting buyers in a position where they'll have no recourse through PayPal.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Clearly, the OP begs to differ. Since the thread's been posted in the proper format, it's here to stay. It'll just have to be up to individual readers to decide just how much of a Bad Guy the seller's actions make him
I don't care about the format (how the OP posted it) or if it is here to stay.
I am saying that there is no proof of this person being a Bad Guy (scammer, etc.,) and that for solely the reason, that was pointed out, does not automatically make a person a Bad Guy (scammer, etc.) nor does it conclusively prove a person is a Bad Guy (scammer, etc.).
Now, if the OP has some other info, proof, etc., to show, then it may change things.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
I am saying that there is no proof of this person being a Bad Guy (scammer, etc.,) and that for solely the reason, that was pointed out, does not automatically make a person a Bad Guy (scammer, etc.)
You're obviously making the mistake of thinking that your opinion is gospel and should be shared by all. Sadly, you're wrong. Your definition of what makes someone a "Bad Guy" simply isn't particularly relevant. Others WILL disagree with you, I assure you. IF the OP's claims are true, this thread absolutely does have merit.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
I will say that it's pretty hard to make an argument for such a seller to be considered much of a Good Guy. He's simultaneously trying to defraud PayPal out of their fees and putting buyers in a position where they'll have no recourse through PayPal.
Never said I agree with a seller doing this. Although many sellers do it, I think it is wrong.
However, it still does not automatically prove that the person is going to scam a buyer.
With the number of sellers, who do request payment be sent, as a gift (or with buyer paying fees), this BOI would be filled, to the gills, with names.

Now, if this is a case of seller having one name, and the Paypal account has a different name (or seller claims it is a friend's Paypal account), I would be very wary and, with only one exception, would not do business with them. Again, does not automatically make a person a Bad Guy (scammer, etc.), nor does it prove the person is a scammer, but it sure is something that should put a buyer on high alert to beware.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
alex bleas
Always something fishy going on when someone ask for money sent that way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!