SOLD!! Chironius carinata - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
arex83
Chironius carinata

Machete whipsnake, flawless adult specimen, perfect in every way. Sold to me as a female. Treated (internally and externally) and established in captivity for almost 2 years on the dot. Needs a large enclosure as she is very active and would make a great display animal. Readily eats rodents but really will do best on a rodent-free diet. Currently eats tilapia, frog legs, and chicks. Experienced keepers only. $185; shipping to your zip code via SRY is additional.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Lost Coast Herps
I'm curious as to how large she is currently and how often she is handled?

Old 05-31-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
thamnophis123
Some of us who keep them know them as "eye-ball biters". They strike directly and repeatedly at your eyeballs. They are wonderfully aggressive and will actually move swiftly toward you as they strike. They are also lightening fast and basically impossible to hold. Their bites bleed profusely. Extremely intelligent and attentive snakes for folks who can deal with them. Very large enclosures are needed. One of my favorite species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Coast Herps View Post

Old 05-31-2019, 05:55 AM   #4
arex83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Coast Herps View Post
She’s between 3-4 feet and is never handled. I am able to pick her up to move her into a tub during cage cleaning. This one is not obsessed with eyeballs.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #5
Aaronherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamnophis123 View Post
Some of us who keep them know them as "eye-ball biters". They strike directly and repeatedly at your eyeballs. They are wonderfully aggressive and will actually move swiftly toward you as they strike. They are also lightening fast and basically impossible to hold. Their bites bleed profusely. Extremely intelligent and attentive snakes for folks who can deal with them. Very large enclosures are needed. One of my favorite species.
New imports, yes.
But most do calm over time to be more reasonable animals. They are smart and quickly learn their keeper is not an enemy.
If you could actually keep any alive more than a few months you’d know that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!