Question about Heat Mats? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-30-2004, 12:37 AM   #1
urstrly
Question about Heat Mats?

I have a question about heat mats: Does anyone know anything about the Kane heat mats and the Stanfield heat mats? I've been thinking about getting one or the other for my 5ft. Guyana. But I can't decide which one, does anyone have any opinions on which one is best and why?

Old 07-30-2004, 12:56 AM   #2
snakebiteAZ1
Heat mats

Hello, i purchased a 4ft heat mat from kane about four years ago, and it is still working great, very durable.. i am not familiar with the other one you mentioned, but i would definately buy another kane.. Probably would not need another one, these seem to last forever... Happy Herping!!!!!

Old 07-30-2004, 10:51 PM   #3
urstrly
Thanks for the input! One other question, can you cover the Kane heat mat with substrate, like repti-bark, without haveing heat lose, or damage to the mat?

Old 07-31-2004, 12:08 AM   #4
snakebiteAZ1
Heat mats

The Kane heat mats are made to get wet even, i use to work on a hog farm and we used these all the time, as far as covering with substrate i'm not sure about the heat hurting the substrate, just make sure you use the rheostat or thermostat that comes with the mat.. Try looking up their site probably has alot of info on it.... Have a good weekend!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2004, 04:16 PM   #5
MGReptiles
Heat will not hurt the substrate. Kane is a very good brand, pretty much top of the line. The other band is pretty much the same thing....Which ever you chose youll be happy with it. And yes a thermostat is a must,,
-Matt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!