Need suggestions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-28-2016, 03:07 AM   #1
cummins450
Need suggestions

Hi everyone I'm just getting into breeding ball pythons and I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to breed my pastel mojave bee to. If any one has any suggestions I'm open to them and would greatly appreciate your help.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
snowgyre
I'm not partial to confusing supers, so I'd avoid breeding him to a girl in the BEL complex (e.g. lesser, butter, mojave). If you would like to go the inexpensive (but still perfectly pretty) route with classic genes, I would breed him to a girl that has a none-white super. Enchi would be a great addition, although fire and yellowbelly would also be really complimentary even though the supers are all white snakes (but not in the blue-eyed leucistic complex, so breeding lesser/butter/mojave to fire/yellowbelly/disco etc. would not produce white snakes).

If you're willing to invest a little bit more, orange dream and GHI are good options. I don't think I'd recommend blackhead, since spider and blackhead are allelic and produce normalish-looking snakes.

I recommend doing some google image searchers or visiting World of Ball Pythons to see what combinations you like, then get a female that would give you a chance of getting them.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #3
Randy F
First question is yours a male or female? Second, how much do you want to spend? If yours is a male and you only want to spend $300 you are looking at a one to two gene animal. If yours is female then you can get a 3 gene male. I agree with Vanessa that enchi, fire, and yb are great additions. What really matters is the direction you want to go. If you like super stripes, highways or pumas you want to go yb. If want bright snakes then enchi or fire will work. Now on a flip side, if you really want a bel then you can breed it to something in that complex and make nice combos but just not know what's in the bel unless it shows up under blacklight or you wait and breed.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
Lucille
Matthew that is a beautiful snake you got there.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Pasodama
You have been given some nice suggestions.
There are more but that could depend on whether, or not, you have a certain look, color, etc., that you prefer.
Personally, I would avoid breeding to another ball morph that carries the Spider, &/or wobble, gene.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:47 PM   #6
cummins450
She is a female and I just picked up a nice enchi to breed to her hopefully next year if she gets up to weight by then she is at 755g right now. Thank you for the comments and suggestions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!