Bad Guy Another BAD GUY post for Robert Sloan/Hilliard - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:19 AM   #11
kingpinreptiles
Cant edit my post. Feel free to delete this whole thread. Thanks. Robert Sloans a great guy you should all buy snakes from him.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:21 AM   #12
nickolasanastasiou
Come on, man. I have gotten an infraction before because I screwed up, too. I learned from it. Not that big a deal.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:32 AM   #13
LauraB
No, Mike ... Sloan is not a good guy anyone should deal with. AVOID him at all costs, so again, thanks for the heads-up.

As for infractions; I've been here awhile and have accumulated a bunch of my own infractions... even from the owner of the site, lol. But I listened and learned. Please continue to contribute. All input is important .. if only to weed out and shed light on breeders/sellers/scammers to avoid and prospective buyers to avoid as well.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:36 AM   #14
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
No, Mike ... Sloan is not a good guy anyone should deal with. AVOID him at all costs, so again, thanks for the heads-up.

As for infractions; I've been here awhile and have accumulated a bunch of my own infractions... even from the owner of the site, lol. But I listened and learned. Please continue to contribute. All input is important .. if only to weed out and shed light on breeders/sellers/scammers to avoid and prospective buyers to avoid as well.
I agree, Laura.

-------------------------------------

To all - Before going further, I think tensions are currently running high on the frustration with the namesake of this thread, so I do not want to pile on. It would be cool of us to extend Mike a bit of a break since he has received correct explanations for the rules from various members, so let us try to move beyond that and continue the thread's primary topic if we can. I say that as a fellow member of this community I greatly value. It is tougher when the wound is still fresh and that is how this feels from my perspective, so frustrations feel compounded.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:17 AM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
I come here to make sure people dont get scammed
Thank you. The BOI only works if people step up and share their experiences.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:51 AM   #16
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
To all - Before going further, I think tensions are currently running high on the frustration with the namesake of this thread, so I do not want to pile on. It would be cool of us to extend Mike a bit of a break since he has received correct explanations for the rules from various members, so let us try to move beyond that and continue the thread's primary topic if we can. I say that as a fellow member of this community I greatly value. It is tougher when the wound is still fresh and that is how this feels from my perspective, so frustrations feel compounded.
I agree with Nick and thanks Mike for bringing this to light! Just the short conversation you guys had was enough for me to realize, I want nothing to do with the guy.

Again, thanks Mike!

Old 02-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #17
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinreptiles View Post
It has since come to my attention that he is advertising these animals to set people up in stings for TX fish and game, to lessen his own charges.
Can you explain or show how it was brought to your attention?

Old 02-24-2017, 09:58 AM   #18
markpulawski
The guys over the top logo on his message stream and immediate jump to threats seems almost staged. If the reaction is real, the guy needs help but using someone else photo for rare or highly protected species screams scam...or bait.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #19
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Can you explain or show how it was brought to your attention?
It was mentioned by a few people on facebook. I would quote directly (I know how "I heard somebody say it somwewhere" sounds) but I cannot remember where or who exactly said it.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #20
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
It was mentioned by a few people on facebook. I would quote directly (I know how "I heard somebody say it somwewhere" sounds) but I cannot remember where or who exactly said it.
Thanks, I found the references by looking for "Robert Hilliard" and "Robert Sloan scarlet". Not going to post SS though because I'd be all day bleeping out the cuss words, that man is hated by many!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!