Reptile Basics Racks-how good are they? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-15-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
GuinnyOne
Reptile Basics Racks-how good are they?

Just wondering if anyone has used these racks? They seem to be appropriate for folks with smaller collections and not very costly. But are they any good?

Old 12-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
I have never used one but they do look nice, to me it would depend on what you are keeping, from what I read the tubs are only 4" deep and I prefer 7". Id be afraid my leos even babies would get out of 4" if they got on top of the hide they could reach the top and sneak out. Then againt he tubs may fit tight enough so that it not an issue.

Sorry Im no help, just my thoughts on tub size.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
tsthompson
Thumbs up Excellent

I have the hatchling rack with Iris shoeboxes. It is very well constructed,and the boxes fit very well.I haven't had any issues with escapes from hatchling colubrids. The heating system works very well. I will recommend this rack to anybody!In fact I'm ordering another one this week.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
cyberfrog
I bought a 12 hole Iris showbox at Daytona just to carry all of my purchases home in. Once home and fired up it's more like a 10 hole because the bottom shelf doesn't seem to have heat tape all the way down. What do ya want from a $100 rack though.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
TomO
Thumbs up Reptile Basics - Good racks

I have a Reptile Basics sweater box rack. It is very well constructed - certainly no less than AP (also have one of theirs). I met Rich, and he seems like a decent guy. I like that RB has a four box rack for what many others charge for a three box rack. No problems with heat on the bottom shelf on mine. I have only had it about 2 months, but will certainly look at them again when I need another.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Bahamut
We bought a reptile basics 12 box rack for the university where I work. This is the only rack I have bought instead of built so I don't have a comparison, but the spacing of the rack was not very tight. When it came in the middle two shelves had a gap of nearly 1/4" between the shelf and the top of the tub. I had to use spacers to keep our hatchling corns in. Also the material is a bit thin so the shelves have begun to sag even though the tubs are not very heavy. It is still useable though, and the heat works, so what could I expect for such an inexpensive rack. You get what you pay for in this instance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!