*FREE* Metzcal........My personal experience - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
*FREE* Metzcal........My personal experience

Just thought it was about time I gave My review of this Totally FREE product. This tracking software is the greatest stuff I have ever used. I have tried HCS (Herp Care Software) and FreeHerp, as well as My own spreadsheets/data bases.

I must say, it will be a LONG time before I use anything BUT Metzcal again. It requires some set up by the user, but it is a small price to pay for the return. Pascal Gros and Antoine Firmin have done an EXCELLENT job in writing this up. Thanks for all your hard work!

Instead of filling this page with My written review, I have prepared a page on my site to describe a few of the many features that come with this FREEWARE.

http://www.sunsetbci.com/Metzcal.html

The link at the bottom of the above page will take you to the main site if you wish to read more. If you like what you see, and wish to download it, click the link in My signature area for a direct lnk to the download.

Comments welcome on my example page. Comments on the software should go to Metzcal.

Thanks for looking,
Rick

Old 10-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Clay Davenport
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but at first glance at the subject line I clicked on it expecting you were going to relate your experiences with consuming a particular beverage that contains a worm at the bottom which you apparently got for free.

Guess I should read a little slower in the future.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
Cat_72
I tried Metzcal, and had a really tough time trying to figure out how to get everything set up. It looked like it's a wonderful program, but it seemed a bit over the head of not-so-good-with-computers me. If someone who knew what they were doing could have come over and explained it all to me, I probably would have kept it, as it appeared to be a great program, really.

I tried Mezcal (the beverage with the worm) once out in Sturgis too.....I can't speak as highly of THAT, from what I remember anyway. LOL.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Yeah, not the Agave liquor, the software.

Cat, it can be a little difficult (more like time consuming) to get the data all set up properly. (filling in all the blanks) but once done, it's pretty much all drop down menus. Once an animal data pack is complete though, the file can be backed up and imported from other sources. I have a Boa data pack fairly complete, and working on a Crotalid data pack as well. I'd gladly send it to you if would help you out. In time perhaps I'll work on a Python and Colubrid Data pack as well.

LMK
Rick

Old 10-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
Cat_72
Well, since I mainly have Balls and Corns, besides my one boa girl that's a big ol pet....the data packs you have wouldn't probably help me much, but I appreciate the offer.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
ldydrgn
I really liked the program as well... but after Pascal's legal issues it seems he stopped with the updates on the software, like he lost heart in the project. It has SO much potential, but it still needs work here and there.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldydrgn
I really liked the program as well... but after Pascal's legal issues it seems he stopped with the updates on the software, like he lost heart in the project. It has SO much potential, but it still needs work here and there.
I agree it needs some work in some places. Thats a bummer that He hasn't been into it lately. This stuff could be really great if kept up.

Didn't know he had any legal issues. I undrstood he purchased all the rights and everything outright to keep it going when HerpMaster threw in the towel. Hmmm

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!