Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #111
LORDOFWAR187
As I stated I was in a similar situation I sent the wrong package to the wrong person, that mistake my mistake cost me just under $200.00 USD. There is no way it would have been right for me to ask for the package back. I covered return shipping for the person who received the lesser value item and sent what they wanted at my cost. While the person I sent the higher value item to kept it as it was my mistake, and it was worth more to me to have both the parties I dealt with leave positive feedback regarding our transaction I took it as a learning experience, and now double , and triple check prior to attaching labels to out going packages. That mistake cost me quite a bit more than the $50.00 you are upset about.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #112
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Fitzgerald View Post
I feel bad about this deal and and if there was something I could do to make it right I would. I am a very honest person, the type that if I went to the store and the cashier gave me too much change I would give it back. I have had customers send too much money for their snakes and I refunded difference.
You can spin this anyway you want the facts are simple. Elissa was asked to make it right by sending an additional $50 for the pair of snakes she purchased. I made a mistake by not checking the pricing details before releasing her order. Obviously the majority opinion is the sellar made a mistake and should take the loss. I personaly don't feel that way, and this really is not about the money. I don't do well with "percieved threats", bribes, or intimadation. I may be an ass at times if you push the wrong button but I'm honest and I'm real. My decision still stands if Elissa wants that paticular pair she can pay $175. As far as selling her that pair for $125 that was off the table after her comments regarding the shows. If you feel it's nessasary to remove our "good guy" banner because of one incident perceived to be "bad business" in 24 years go ahead. And if you choose not to do business with us because of this one incident that's fine too. We will continue breeding and working with the animals we love and offer high quality animals and great customer service.

Best Wishs,
Tad Fitzgerald
Ok, let me get this right: YOU screwed up and didn't verify things before YOU gave the snakes to the person picking them up. YOU accepted $50 less than YOU originally wanted. YOU then tell the buyer that she better pay your $50 oversight/misquote/grab for more money since YOU screwed up (whatever you want to call it...) and when she says no, YOU tell her to return the snakes. Then YOU say she threatened YOU, when in all actuality, she has just gave her account of YOUR bad business practices with her.

Did I get it right?

Then you have the audacity to say, "I feel bad about this deal and and if there was something I could do to make it right I would. I am a very honest person." That's complete and utter nonsense and you know it. If you felt bad then you would have eaten the $50 because it was YOUR mistake. Not the buyers, YOURS! But no, you had to be stubborn and demand your customer send you extra money because YOU screwed up. What logical business sense does that make? YOU are the one tarnishing your reputation with this thread, not the buyer. YOU have chosen to take any flack given from this thread. YOU have chosen the consequences given when YOU chose to be demanding of more money AFTER the transaction was already complete.

If anyone is in the wrong here, it is YOU. No one else. And you complaining that she "threatened" you is BS and you know it. Saying you're going to tell everyone you know about the way you were treated by a business is not a threat, it is a promise. But you turn it however you feel it is necessary for you to sleep better at night. YOU screwed the pooch on this one, no one else.

Also, the part of your quote that I put in bold & red...I think my BS meter is going off on that one. Your customer service was and is lacking on this transaction, and if this is what you call great customer service, then I would hate to see what your crappy customer service would be like!

Old 10-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #113
CombatWombat
I've read through this thread and honestly, shame on you Tad.

What if this happened in say a department store. There was sale going on and an item got marked down a little too much. You can't go back in time and bother a customer once a transaction has already occurred, that's just bad business.

Could you imagine getting a phone call

"Hi this is Target representative Tad calling. Yesterday we made a mistake on that bookcase you purchased from us. It was actually $175, not $125. We're going to need that $50 or you're going to have to return that bookcase to the store even though you already set it up"

Old 10-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #114
LORDOFWAR187
And then there was the comment about never do business with us again.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #115
LORDOFWAR187
I'm disabled have been now for 10 years I'm on fixed income that 200.00 dollar mistake I made was crippling, but as I stated it was my mistake therefore it was up to me not my customers to make it right. We are all human and mistakes occur sometimes doing what is right will cost you, you then take it as a learning experience, and move on.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #116
WebSlave
Interesting situation...... But quite surprising to me in how it was handled.

I remember years ago during the height of the crazy season, somehow two boxes got their shipping labels switched. So two people got the wrong orders. One got much more then what they paid for, and one got a lot less. Quite frankly, I would have felt like a complete ass suggesting that those two customers do ANYTHING to try to resolve this mess. So I simply sent out the corrected orders the following week and told them to keep the others as a gift. Did this sting? Yes it did. They weren't exactly nickel and dime orders. But it was MY mistake, so why in the world would I want to inconvenience or aggravate my customers because of MY error?

In the end, I had retained those customers as repeat business because they knew I would take care of things if mistakes or accidents happened in the future. But what about you, Tad? Do you honestly think the way you handled this was the best way to do so?

Old 10-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #117
neenach2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Interesting situation...... But quite surprising to me in how it was handled.

I remember years ago during the height of the crazy season, somehow two boxes got their shipping labels switched. So two people got the wrong orders. One got much more then what they paid for, and one got a lot less. Quite frankly, I would have felt like a complete ass suggesting that those two customers do ANYTHING to try to resolve this mess. So I simply sent out the corrected orders the following week and told them to keep the others as a gift. Did this sting? Yes it did. They weren't exactly nickel and dime orders. But it was MY mistake, so why in the world would I want to inconvenience or aggravate my customers because of MY error?

In the end, I had retained those customers as repeat business because they knew I would take care of things if mistakes or accidents happened in the future. But what about you, Tad? Do you honestly think the way you handled this was the best way to do so?
It's funny. We would have remained loyal customers if he had handled this properly. It's just a shame that things went the way they did.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #118
tim brophy
I own a small business. If I make a mistake, I make it right. Never the client. Pretty simple. You know as well as I that you can write at least some of this "loss" off on your taxes. BS on her threatening you. Frankly, you are coming across as a cheapskate. This thread is only going to get longer and when customers Google your companies name, this thread is going to come up. Near the top. Make it right. Believe me, your competitors in whatever is left of the ball python market love this. You are simply giving them more business.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #119
reptileman79
It blows my mind Tad Fitzgerald, that you would let this thing get this out of control because your stubbornness and raging ego. Was the $50 really worth your reputation plummeting as more and more people read this. With this kind of customer service im surprised you still have a business. I still cant wrap my head around the fact that YOU actually called her demanding more money after the sale. I still cant wrap my head around this situation. I personally would have kept the snake and told you screw off but that's just me.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #120
hhmoore
Mr Fitzgerald,
Was shipping included in the advertised prices on whichever Facebook page you posted?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!