Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #121
reptileman79
I believe the snake was picked up by the OP's friend in person.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #122
bobbafett
It's really sad how you're willing to tarnish your name over $50 :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #123
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman79 View Post
I believe the snake was picked up by the OP's friend in person.
Yes, that's why Harald was asking this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Mr Fitzgerald,
Was shipping included in the advertised prices on whichever Facebook page you posted?
Because if shipping was included in the price then the customer got charged for something she shouldn't have been charged with, seeing as how the snakes were picked up, and no shipping ever took place.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #124
hhmoore
Actually, I was wondering if the snakes being picked up might have been part of why he accepted the lower offer in the first place since I noticed that he posted his ad here with shipped prices. The price there was markedly lower than here; but I don't know if it was one of those one day sales that he mentioned.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #125
MikeCurtin
Not the way this situation should have been handled. Nothing to add, really, other than to recount the fact that many companies will honor the lower price when there is labeling discrepancies. Despite what the ad said, the communication stated that payment was for precisely what was received. Asking for more money was poor judgement in my eyes, Tad. At most, I may have made them aware of the error so that they did not expect such low prices on future purchases.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #126
reptileman79
Aww got ya, just ignore me. I rode the short yellow bus to school >.<

Old 10-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #127
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Actually, I was wondering if the snakes being picked up might have been part of why he accepted the lower offer in the first place since I noticed that he posted his ad here with shipped prices. The price there was markedly lower than here; but I don't know if it was one of those one day sales that he mentioned.
Gotcha, (thought I could read your mind... )

Your logic actually makes more sense, and could have helped him out...but I don't think he thought of that. Haha

Old 10-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #128
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Fitzgerald View Post
I feel bad about this deal and and if there was something I could do to make it right I would.
There was something you could have done. You could have bit the bullet and accepted you made an error, letting the snakes go. Instead, you chose poorly.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:30 PM   #129
Ken Foose
I'm not so sure what Tad did was all that bad. He had the snakes for sale for $175. The buyer sent him $125 instead. Tad did not check to make sure that the total he received was the correct one (his error) He let the snakes go without making sure he'd actually been paid the correct amount (another error). These were mistakes. Had the very same thing happen to me a week ago. Snake was listed at $400, and I told the guy $300 over the phone. Now, he knew I was in error, but of course said nothing so he could keep $100. But he fully expected to pay $400. After I'd charged him, I called and told him it was going to be $100 more. We ended up splitting the difference and I made the price $350. Anyway, my long winded point is: Tad is a great guy. I've known him for 25 years. I do business with him on an almost weekly basis, in person. He is one of the most honest people I know. This might make him look like a bad guy to some, but once again, he's very honest and has never ripped anyone off that I'm aware of. His animals are flawless to a tee, and he will never sell anything to anyone that he won't guarantee. This was an unfortunate misunderstanding that got out of control. I'll bet Tad wishes now he'd just let the snakes go, but on the other hand, I do understand where he's coming from. My question would be, and pardon me if I missed it is: the snakes were $175. That was the agreed price. Why did the buyer only send $125? Once again, I might have missed it if it's already been explained.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #130
juliasara
Every screen shot that was posted between the buyer and seller they both agreed to $125 being the price for those exact snakes. Maybe I missed where the buyer agreed to pay $175?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!