Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #141
Ken Foose
Jim, you only wish you had my pom poms. I have not said once that Tad was in the right or wrong. All I'm saying is that he is a good guy, a respected breeder, and sometimes, despite ourselves and our best efforts happens. I won't comment anymore about this. I've expressed my opinion about Tad, and that's all I meant to do. Take it for what it is.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #142
reptileman79
Ken, unfortunately a mans actions speak for his true character. Tad has clearly shown who he is as a person and a businessman. He has shown us all.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #143
Ken Foose
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman79 View Post
Is Ken Foose here to "represent" this embarrassment to the hobby? If resolving was so important then Tad would be here himself doing it, not Ken Foose. Ken please put your pom poms away and let Tad dig his own grave.
Really? This is an embarrassment to the hobby? Please. Have you been living in a cave for the past few years? Compared to a lot of that's gone down this is not even close. I guess you find drama where you can.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #144
reptileman79
Yes, embarrassment. When someone/anyone uses strong arm tactics to intimidate a customer no less, they are an embarrassment. I don't care who he is. Maybe its his arrogance or ego, whatever it is I sure don't want his actions representing the "hobby".

Old 10-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #145
Chris Kennard
Tad. Would you pay fifty bucks to have this thread removed? Hope it was worth it. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #146
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
OK. Tad made a mistake. He understands that, and so do I. Now I'll ask the same thing I ask a customer when I make a mistake, which I do every so often by the way. I ask "what would you like me to do to resolve this"? The mistake has been made, now what? If the buyer has something in mind, perhaps Tad will take care of the request. If there is no solution, if it's too late, then it's time to move on. At this point everything seems status quo. Tad's got his snakes, and the buyer has her money. Once again Tad is a good guy. He is not a crook or a con, nor do his animals suck. This was a mistake. Perhaps poor judgement. We all make them and all have them.
Yup everybody makes mistakes but its how you handle your mistakes that makes the difference. He handled it horribly I still for the life of me can't figure out why the OP gave the snakes back. They agreed to a price and she paid it she should have kept the snakes.

And you Ken being his friend or at least business associate could be here encouraging him to do the right thing but you just want to tell us how great a guy he is. Even when all the evidence in this thread shows him to be 100% wrong. The best part is all this crap is over $50. The only person he has a right to be upset with is himself because he's the only one that did anything wrong.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #147
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
Yup everybody makes mistakes but its how you handle your mistakes that makes the difference. He handled it horribly I still for the life of me can't figure out why the OP gave the snakes back. They agreed to a price and she paid it she should have kept the snakes.

And you Ken being his friend or at least business associate could be here encouraging him to do the right thing but you just want to tell us how great a guy he is. Even when all the evidence in this thread shows him to be 100% wrong. The best part is all this crap is over $50. The only person he has a right to be upset with is himself because he's the only one that did anything wrong.
Don't think I've seen a more well written post here since I joined.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #148
Snake-Queen
I am nauseated that a supposedly reputable businessman could sink so low.

After the transaction was complete and the snakes were in the buyers agent, the money in the sellers account, this transaction was complete. The seller had no right to ask the buyer for more money the next day or the return of the snakes.

I've eaten a loss when it was my mistake. Just as this was the sellers mistake.

Honest you are not, Tad ...

Old 10-28-2014, 02:07 AM   #149
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
OK. Tad made a mistake. He understands that, and so do I. Now I'll ask the same thing I ask a customer when I make a mistake, which I do every so often by the way. I ask "what would you like me to do to resolve this"? The mistake has been made, now what? If the buyer has something in mind, perhaps Tad will take care of the request. If there is no solution, if it's too late, then it's time to move on. At this point everything seems status quo. Tad's got his snakes, and the buyer has her money. Once again Tad is a good guy. He is not a crook or a con, nor do his animals suck. This was a mistake. Perhaps poor judgement. We all make them and all have them.
Having sold the snakes, for less than he intended, was a mistake.
Requesting extra money or the return of the snakes (if extra money is not sent), after completion of sale and after the buyer/agent had possession of the snakes (for a day +/-), was not a mistake. It was a deliberate, and conscious, action. A deliberate action that was wrong.

True, the seller refunded the buyer and it may not be the worse thing, that somebody has ever done, but wrong is wrong. No manner, of measurement, will make a wrong be anything but that.

It probably is too late, to make things right with the OP (or to have any resolve in this particular situation), but only because the seller, apparently, was/is not willing to do so.
However, whether this thread continues to have people posting, or not, at least the OP was able to share her experience and any readers can take from it whatever they will.

I just hope that the seller never makes this poor decision/action, should it ever arise again, in the future.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:40 AM   #150
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
What about the gas money? The supplies to care for the snakes? And the op and the friend who picked up the snakes wasted time? Why should they lose money and have absolutely nothing to show for it? How is that fair?
Really? With all due respect, that is nonsense. Compensating Elisa for the money she paid Sarah for gas might be reasonable as a token gesture; but the rest of it is simply retaliative noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenach2002 View Post
He said he will no longer do business with us when we asked him to come pickup the snakes instead of delivering them to him.
I know you are her boyfriend; but this is Elisa's deal (at least as far as this thread is concerned). Ken's question was valid, and is for Elisa alone to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappypet View Post
At this point unless the seller plans to take action I would not bother posting here any longer. Just let this thread stand for itself as an example of how the seller, Captive Bred Exotics, handles his business when things go awry.
Again, Ken's question is both reasonable and valid. Don't just brush it off because you feel slighted. While Tad's own responses have not offered much hope of remedy, he did mention compromise and making it right in at least two posts. To my recollection, you have not yet said what it would take to make it right, or even if you would give him that opportunity. Sometimes, having an option placed on the table and a little nudge from the right direction is all it takes.

Thanks, Ken. It's all to easy to dig in our heels when we are being told we're wrong; especially if we don't agree.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!