Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:56 AM   #151
neenach2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Really? With all due respect, that is nonsense. Compensating Elisa for the money she paid Sarah for gas might be reasonable as a token gesture; but the rest of it is simply retaliative noise.

I know you are her boyfriend; but this is Elisa's deal (at least as far as this thread is concerned). Ken's question was valid, and is for Elisa alone to answer.

Again, Ken's question is both reasonable and valid. Don't just brush it off because you feel slighted. While Tad's own responses have not offered much hope of remedy, he did mention compromise and making it right in at least two posts. To my recollection, you have not yet said what it would take to make it right, or even if you would give him that opportunity. Sometimes, having an option placed on the table and a little nudge from the right direction is all it takes.

Thanks, Ken. It's all to easy to dig in our heels when we are being told we're wrong; especially if we don't agree.
You say it isn't "my deal" but around here Elisa doesn't just up and decide to buy a pair of snakes. We both make decisions together. So when Tad changed his mind it affected both of us equally. As I was part of the deal I have the right to weigh in - indeed, many people who weren't parrot the deal have been given a chance to weigh in so why should I have less of a right to do so than them?

As far as "making things right", sure he said that here in public where everyone can see, but in private he had a totally different tune and continued to maintain that it was our fault and that we were in the wrong until just a few hours ago.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #152
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenach2002 View Post
You say it isn't "my deal" but around here Elisa doesn't just up and decide to buy a pair of snakes. We both make decisions together. So when Tad changed his mind it affected both of us equally. As I was part of the deal I have the right to weigh in - indeed, many people who weren't parrot the deal have been given a chance to weigh in so why should I have less of a right to do so than them?

As far as "making things right", sure he said that here in public where everyone can see, but in private he had a totally different tune and continued to maintain that it was our fault and that we were in the wrong until just a few hours ago.
Quite simply because, regardless of your relationship and input on decisions, Tad's transaction was with Elisa (and, to some degree, you are coming off as obstructive, which isn't likely to help). I have not tried to dissuade you from posting throughout this thread, or suggested that you not discuss a possible solution with Elisa...but, for practical purposes, let her propose that solution here.
If she has offered possible options for "making things right" in private - obviously we aren't aware of them. Sometimes taking things back into private is a good thing, sometimes it exacerbates problems because the thread continues as if nothing is happening. If Tad appears to be having a change in heart regarding his stance - good for him...and good for you. I only suggest following Ken's line of thinking.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:43 AM   #153
thehappypet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Again, Ken's question is both reasonable and valid. Don't just brush it off because you feel slighted. While Tad's own responses have not offered much hope of remedy, he did mention compromise and making it right in at least two posts. To my recollection, you have not yet said what it would take to make it right, or even if you would give him that opportunity. Sometimes, having an option placed on the table and a little nudge from the right direction is all it takes.

Thanks, Ken. It's all to easy to dig in our heels when we are being told we're wrong; especially if we don't agree.
Didn't mean to come off as though I was brushing it off, I never expected it to go this far!
And I'm just not a fan of internet soap operas so any resolution that is going to happen from here on will be in private.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #154
hhmoore
Understood - please update this thread with whatever resolution is achieved.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #155
kingdomofspiders
"great customer service"

making some one pay because you cant keep track of your ads and dealings isn't that exactly. i feel the way you handled with was done very poorly.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #156
TriangleReptiles
I would suggest that if Tad was the least bit interested in resolving this beyond the point that it is at now, he would propose a solution. But it is obvious that he isn't. He has his snakes back and has recouped the huge $50.00 loss. As a result, it appears many people are done with him. I hope it was worth it.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #157
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleReptiles View Post
I would suggest that if Tad was the least bit interested in resolving this beyond the point that it is at now, he would propose a solution. But it is obvious that he isn't. He has his snakes back and has recouped the huge $50.00 loss. As a result, it appears many people are done with him. I hope it was worth it.
In his mind, he has done nothing wrong ... after all the OP or her agent "threatened" him. He almost lost $50, it is a huge relief to him that he did not.

Funny thing is, het pieds aren't worth more than normals now days and mojave hets not much more than mojaves. No matter, he got his snakes back and lost a bunch of potential customers.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #158
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
OK. Tad made a mistake. He understands that, and so do I. Now I'll ask the same thing I ask a customer when I make a mistake, which I do every so often by the way. I ask "what would you like me to do to resolve this"? The mistake has been made, now what? If the buyer has something in mind, perhaps Tad will take care of the request. If there is no solution, if it's too late, then it's time to move on. At this point everything seems status quo. Tad's got his snakes, and the buyer has her money. Once again Tad is a good guy. He is not a crook or a con, nor do his animals suck. This was a mistake. Perhaps poor judgement. We all make them and all have them.
Been thinking about this, and it keeps bugging me. What you're essentially saying is that, even if negotiations between buyer and seller take place and a lower amount is agreed upon, the seller is able to ask for *more* money after the fact by claiming a "mistake" was made, despite agreeing to a lower amount. I find that a pretty distasteful view for a seller to have, as it essentially strips a buyer of any negotiations and/or offers made if the seller decides ait was a mistake. To me, that comes off as dishonest, whether there was malicious intent or not. I'd be reluctant to buy from any vendor who felt that, despite what we may discuss over email and phone, he/she could simply ask for a do over as far as pricing goes *after* money has changed hands.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #159
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappypet View Post
So I let them know that I didn't have any more money to send them. They then told us to drop the snakes back off to them, and they will refund me my money afterwards.
Elisa, experience is a rough teacher. For those who believe this issue is an unusual occurrence, I'm here to tell you it happens ALL the time. Perhaps not in reptile purchases, but in my own experience it is common for a health provider such as a doctor's office or lab to bill a patient after insurance has already paid for the charges. Immediate and strenuous objection usually gets the doctor's office or lab billing office to see the error of their ways.

Elisa, if this sort of situation should ever happen again, and it may very well happen during sometime in your life, stand your ground, tell the seller (or biller) to kiss your grits, and use your unpleasant situation here to navigate a better outcome for yourself in future issues.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #160
lillyorchid
I am sorry that you had a bad run around with Tad. I personally had a great experience with buying from him, will this make me not think about doing business with him again? No.
Just make this a lesson learned, like Lucille said, if you should ever have this happen again and someone ask you for more money after the transaction or they need their product back, tell them too bad, their loss, transaction is already done and paid for. You don't owe them anything back or more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!