Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:54 AM   #191
thehappypet
I'm happy to talk about my breeding plans any time, I spend a lot of time thinking about possible pairings.

I know you have been following this entire conversation so I'm going to assume you know who I am referring to if I say the proven pair or other shorthand. Remember I am doing this all from my teeny tiny phone.

So the proven pair has only been proven as of last season. Only one pied was produced and is owned by someone else. Any normals produced are only 66% possible hets. So adding another 100% het girl of unrelated blood is never a bad thing. And being that they sell for only around $25 I was looking at the deal as more of a "mojave male for sale", the girl was just a bonus. With her genes that gives me unrelated blood to outcross with my current male if I kept her to breed her at all. She was under consideration as a possible Christmas gift to a friend. The male could have paired with my crystal girl to make mojave 33% het, special 33% het, crystals 33% het, And super mojaves 33% het. Not bad. And I could pair him with both het girls, maybe a pied girl if I had produced one and raised her to breeding weight by that point, to make 33% hets, actual pieds, mojave 33% hets, and my goal of mojave pieds. Easier to hit a 1 in 8 chance with multiple girls.

I'm assuming you are able to follow that?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #192
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappypet View Post
I'm happy to talk about my breeding plans any time, I spend a lot of time thinking about possible pairings.

I know you have been following this entire conversation so I'm going to assume you know who I am referring to if I say the proven pair or other shorthand. Remember I am doing this all from my teeny tiny phone.

So the proven pair has only been proven as of last season. Only one pied was produced and is owned by someone else. Any normals produced are only 66% possible hets. So adding another 100% het girl of unrelated blood is never a bad thing. And being that they sell for only around $25 I was looking at the deal as more of a "mojave male for sale", the girl was just a bonus. With her genes that gives me unrelated blood to outcross with my current male if I kept her to breed her at all. She was under consideration as a possible Christmas gift to a friend. The male could have paired with my crystal girl to make mojave 33% het, special 33% het, crystals 33% het, And super mojaves 33% het. Not bad. And I could pair him with both het girls, maybe a pied girl if I had produced one and raised her to breeding weight by that point, to make 33% hets, actual pieds, mojave 33% hets, and my goal of mojave pieds. Easier to hit a 1 in 8 chance with multiple girls.

I'm assuming you are able to follow that?
Yes, I understand that; however, it still makes little sense to be that deep in a pied project and not have at least one visual on hand. Granted that could just be me. Also, if the mojave is 100% het, any non visual offspring he produces is 50% probable het or great depending on if the female was het or visual.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:12 AM   #193
thehappypet
I guess I could just call them by their names too now that I think about it. Ms. Cleo, Chrome, and Sauron. And then the new pair were going to be named D20 and undecided. :3

Old 11-02-2014, 04:14 AM   #194
thehappypet
Oh right, 66% not 33%. And by the time D20 and undecided were of breeding size I could very well have visual pieds but it doesn't mean they would yet be ready to breed. I don't want my females laying eggs until they are definitely ready. At least 3 if not 4 years. Assuming I keep the visuals for breeding. I do educational seminars too and wouldn't breed my seminar animals.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:15 AM   #195
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
I guess I could just call them by their names too now that I think about it. Ms. Cleo, Chrome, and Sauron. And then the new pair were going to be named D20 and undecided. :3
Sure just like how when I post about my bel possible pewter Blitz, Liz my pinstripe, Fortuna one of my emeralds, Amataratsu my jungle carpet, Ghastly by dinker ghost, etc... what I call them means little, what they are means a lot more...same as me or you.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #196
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Oh right, 66% not 33%. And by the time D20 and undecided were of breeding size I could very well have visual pieds but it doesn't mean they would yet be ready to breed. I don't want my females laying eggs until they are definitely ready. At least 3 if not 4 years. Assuming I keep the visuals for breeding. I do educational seminars too and wouldn't breed my seminar animals.
None of my female balls are bred before 4 years of age either...regardless I understand what you're saying. Not the best way to play a numbers game, but it's not my project. Good luck.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:22 AM   #197
thehappypet
It's more of a casual interest for me, not necessarily a "project". Healthy critters is my first priority always. If I don't get a visual from this next clutch and the following year give Chrome and Sauron a season off it could be 3 years before I see my first visual and I'm okay with that.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:23 AM   #198
thehappypet
Ghastly is the best name for a ghost btw

Old 11-02-2014, 07:49 AM   #199
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
I am GUESSING though, that Tad just read that you were potentially interested in the mojave pair, but wanted to proceed with the hets and he never saw the comment with payment. I know that when I receive notification of payment, I only see comments if I scroll all the way to the bottom and not on my paypal page unless I visit that transaction ' s file specifically. That said, it was foolish for the seller to not make extra sure of the deal.
That doesn't make sense to me.

The problem with that is he handed over the correct snakes she asked for. So apparently he knew what she wanted and asked for. Correct?

According to all there was no debate when Sarah went to pick up the snakes. Tad showed Sarah the correct snakes Elisa thought she was buying. Gave her the paperwork. So apparently he knew what he was selling and didn't have to scroll down the PayPal comments and miss the description of the animals. He had them ready to go when she came to pick them up.

Please keep the topic to discussing the transaction. Project discussion should be taken to the appropriate forum or private messages.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #200
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
That doesn't make sense to me.

The problem with that is he handed over the correct snakes she asked for. So apparently he knew what she wanted and asked for. Correct?

According to all there was no debate when Sarah went to pick up the snakes. Tad showed Sarah the correct snakes Elisa thought she was buying. Gave her the paperwork. So apparently he knew what he was selling and didn't have to scroll down the PayPal comments and miss the description of the animals. He had them ready to go when she came to pick them up.

Please keep the topic to discussing the transaction. Project discussion should be taken to the appropriate forum or private messages.

Tad even stated in his defense that the only part that he missed was the amount sent in Paypal, not the animals being purchased or description. So with all the talk about other animals in the emails or phone conversations seems to be a mute point. He didn't need to scroll down to look at comments in paypal to see the amount sent for the animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!