Bad Guy Dealing with Captive Bred Excellence left a bad taste in my mouth... - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #201
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappypet View Post
He did have an ad for a pair of normal hets running at the same time for $65. If he thought I was asking about the 1.1 normal hets, instead of the mojave het with the normal het pair, he sure didn't say anything about that extra $60 he thought he was going to get?
Right.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #202
Chris Kennard
Quote:
I've never had to post a "bad guy" thread here before, and I hope not to have to do so again..

I'll try and keep it short as I am quite upset over losing my scale baby.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I bought this baby yesterday and had to hand him back today, and I'm pretty heartbroken about it.

Yesterday I sent money to the seller, captive bred excellence, through Paypal after confirmation from him that it was okay to proceed. I got confirmation multiple times through messenger, Paypal, and on the phone. They confirmed the correct amount was sent, and the snakes were handed off shortly after. My best friend in Las Vegas was picking up for me as I am located in California and she received multiple confirmations from them over the phone and in person as well. I was excited to see my new babies and made sure she sent me lots of pictures. So, done deal! Or so I thought...

The seller, captive bred excellence, then contacted me today wanting more money. For a deal that was already complete! Or they wanted their snakes back saying the male was supposed to be a holdback anyways? Um, okay.

Well, I already overspent what I had budgeted and money doesn't fall from trees around here, sadly. So I let them know that I didn't have any more money to send them. They then told us to drop the snakes back off to them, and they will refund me my money afterwards. That sounded really weird to me. I replied again that I was already out $25 on gas money and time so if they wanted the snakes they sold back I would need the money first and they would have to pick up. This is when they said to never do business with them again, which I assure everyone here will not be a problem, and that they will come pick up if they have to.

So, since I cannot afford the extra money they wanted me to send them after the transaction was already complete, I have to lose my new babies. I am quite heartbroken, and I am out the $25 in gas money that was spent to pick them up in the first place.

Anyone in business knows this is not how you take care of your customers.

I posted on Facebook about how upset I was, I was crying over this, and got floods of responses telling me I should keep the snakes and to post here on the BOI. Well, I already agreed to give the snakes back and I am a woman of my word so back to the seller they go. But I did take their advice and decided to share my situation with you all here in hopes of preventing anything like this from happening again.

My full name is: Elisa Phillips. I am active on many reptile groups on Facebook including "SF bay area: buy, sell, trade reptiles and exotics", "bay area reptile forum (BARF)", "The lizard of oz: a las vegas Nevada reptile discussion group", and so many others I can't list them all. I also work full time at a pet store in the bay area of California.
It's not often that a thread go on like this without an actual "bad guy". My first thoughts when reading the first few sentences of the thread was "melodramatics!". I always thought "heartbroken" was reserved for broken bonds that certainly don't happen overnight. I was also suprised to read that the OP sent the snakes back. Naivete plus good heart. I like that. Although the seller was at fault, I see no bad guy here. I am curious as to what happened to the reptiles sent back. It seems the motivation to get them back is questionable.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #203
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
It's not often that a thread go on like this without an actual "bad guy". My first thoughts when reading the first few sentences of the thread was "melodramatics!". I always thought "heartbroken" was reserved for broken bonds that certainly don't happen overnight. I was also suprised to read that the OP sent the snakes back. Naivete plus good heart. I like that. Although the seller was at fault, I see no bad guy here. I am curious as to what happened to the reptiles sent back. It seems the motivation to get them back is questionable.
Oh, and all this? For how much? I bet both of your next transactions will be perfect. Specially if it's with each other.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:22 AM   #204
dustinntech
It seems to me like he had someone else offer him more money for the snakes after he sold them and wanted to get the extra cash. From the screen shots and paypal note it is obvious he knew exactly how much money he got for the snakes he handed off.

I could understand if it was a mistake and he gave the wrong snake and then asked if he could fix the issue he made, but that's not what happened.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #205
Tinysalmon
Quote:
The seller did compensate Sarah for the gas she spent going over to his house to pick up the snakes.
Unfortunately I had to decline it. So there is no reconciliation and I have to step out. IF anyone has questions about my side of what happened I'll be more than happy to share. But for now I'm stepping back.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #206
Ridge Runner_20
The more I think about this thread, the more it makes me sick to my stomach. Is there something in the drinking water in Vegas? Really? Over a lousy $50? As was stated, the ONLY one completely blameless in this whole thing is the OP, and she's the one getting screwed!

Okay, so I will ask - Is there any chance Elisa's snakes are still available? I mean the exact snakes she originally purchased and possessed for that brief time... If so, I am offering to send her the $50 necessary to once again complete the already completed transaction, in order to get her animals out of hock.

Tad, let us know if her snakes are still available, please.

Elisa, you will have a PM shortly.

SMH...

RR_20 (Mike)

Old 09-08-2015, 12:47 AM   #207
johnnydr
I can't say I read all 21 pages of this, but from what I've read this is ridiculous!

First, I think it is silly for Captive Bred Excellence to even ASK for the buyer to pay the difference. There is no way she is responsible for that mistake and it's poor business practice to ask for more money from your customers after you sell them the animal/product. Basically, it's shady and odd.

What is even more odd is that the buyer went and returned the animals.

To me this is a very disorganized sob story from a very confused buyer. Also, all of Captive Bred Excellence's actions in this deal and replies in this thread are also plain strange. This is odd on both ends and never have heard of anything quite like it!

I don't think this is really a "bad guy" situation, but WOW.....

Old 09-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #208
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydr View Post
I can't say I read all 21 pages of this, but from what I've read this is ridiculous!

First, I think it is silly for Captive Bred Excellence to even ASK for the buyer to pay the difference. There is no way she is responsible for that mistake and it's poor business practice to ask for more money from your customers after you sell them the animal/product. Basically, it's shady and odd.

What is even more odd is that the buyer went and returned the animals.

To me this is a very disorganized sob story from a very confused buyer. Also, all of Captive Bred Excellence's actions in this deal and replies in this thread are also plain strange. This is odd on both ends and never have heard of anything quite like it!

I don't think this is really a "bad guy" situation, but WOW.....
You didn't read the whole thing, which I did after I read this comment. The buyer was NOT confused. There was an agreed upon price, they had the correct animals, and the seller decided he wanted more money. Honestly what you said about her is a bit rude without having read everything. She felt the right thing to do since she couldn't send the money was to give the animals back, that's not confused that's a good hearted person who wanted to avoid problems and relayed her story here so everyone else could know about how he treats customers when HE agrees upon a price then thinks I should have had more. Did you see where he lied about being threatened? Where he agreed to the animals and that he got the payment? But yes the buyer was the one confused...

Old 09-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #209
johnnydr
She didn't have to give the animals back. It wouldn't have caused a problem legally and she said that she is heart broken. I guess it could be viewed as a good heart....or non confrontational. But when you are right and you know it, why play into the games?

Old 09-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #210
saucyross
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydr View Post
She didn't have to give the animals back. It wouldn't have caused a problem legally and she said that she is heart broken. I guess it could be viewed as a good heart....or non confrontational. But when you are right and you know it, why play into the games?
She sent them back because the only2 options Captive Bred offered her was to either return the snakes or front additional money. She obviously wasn't trying to be as rude or deceiving as the seller.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!