Here's my weight...guess my age! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2016, 03:45 PM   #11
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm not trying to be rude but I don't think you have what you think you have. I'd love to see pictures, but just the fact that you said she has green eyes tells me she's probably not banana. I just checked my own banana combos as well as those online to make doubly sure, and the banana combos all have black eyes.

That's not to say it isn't what you think it is, but I think if you post some pictures it would help you find out for sure.

As far as age I'd throw a late 2014 date. Most of my 2015's are between 150-300 grams, so add another year and you're on point. I don't power feed and if this snake was at a petsmart I can't imagine they were bulking her up.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:28 PM   #12
Dovetail
Oh, I'm not at all offended! I'm looking forward to knowledgeable opinions re: her morph. She's such a looker that I won't really care what her breeding is, so I have nothing to gain or lose by the outcome.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #13
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
Oh, I'm not at all offended! I'm looking forward to knowledgeable opinions re: her morph. She's such a looker that I won't really care what her breeding is, so I have nothing to gain or lose by the outcome.
That's the best way to go about it :P. I've got a couple normals that I can't imagine selling just because they have such a nice look.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:16 PM   #14
Dovetail
Question My Nippy Foundling: Name That Morph!

Ok, you experts out there, I took one for the team to get these sub-par photos, so bring me your A-game - what is this bitey-fighty little darling? Everything I know about identification I learned reading and watching videos on line, so I will greatly appreciate the opinions of those that know better. Thanks in advance!

PS - photo of scutes is blurry but color-accurate. She is creamy white underneath with very pale fading in on her sides. And her eyes do look green to me, but what do you think? Is it just a line highlight, or what? The scuffiness between her eyes isn't fade, it's pre-shed, or more likely where she scrapes it on the screen when she tries to take my hand off!

PPS - funny, isn't it, how that ONE brown scale tends to show up in photos, no matter what her pose? Dang, dang, dang!
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2016, 08:22 PM   #15
Dovetail
Wink Bargain Basement Ball

Regardless of her pedigree, she's a pretty nice python for the $120 my dubia customer paid for her at Petsmart, don't you think? And DEFINITELY a nice snake for the 200 xl dubia nymphs I traded for her!

Old 05-31-2016, 08:34 PM   #16
Dovetail
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
That's the best way to go about it :P. I've got a couple normals that I can't imagine selling just because they have such a nice look.
I know! I wouldn't take any amount for my plain vanilla pastel boy because he's such a puppy dog and a joy to interact with. I know snakes "love" us (read: accept being handled) because we prove ourselves a reliable source of warmth, food, and safety; but anthropomorphism aside, I'd swear in a court of law he lays his head in my hand to be stroked the way my dogs do. It's been a real adjustment to handle a nippy snake with the typical BP head-shyness. I forget which snake I'm handling and scare the daylights out of her, which doesn't help with the trust-building.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:24 PM   #17
Big Borg Reptiles
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what she is. If she has banana it's definitely not a single gene. Regardless, she's a very pretty girl

Old 05-31-2016, 10:07 PM   #18
Dovetail
Butter, perhaps, in there somewhere?

We assumed banana because Petsmart in this area has been limited to normals and bananas this winter and spring. My customer assumed she was mismarked as an "assorted," aka normal, and I agreed with her.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:19 PM   #19
Dovetail
Lesser orange ghost? See, now my head is spinning.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:56 PM   #20
Dbz4246
Based on the pics, I don't see banana.
I would say Lesser/Butter Enchi, or Lesser/Butter pastel. I don't think it has hypo, but I don't deal with hypos personally, so I couldn't say for sure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!