Bad Guy Nikki Reptiles - Caramel Pieds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Robert Walker
Nikki Reptiles - Caramel Pieds

Caution about a person called: Nikki Reptiles

This individual (male/female) has been trying to sell visual Caramel Pieds along with normal pieds. As there are very few of these in existence right now it is surprising to see one for sale.

Nikki, posted pictures online and emailed them to me of Caramel Pieds they have. The pictures actually belong to MA Reptiles from Europe. I have been in contact with MA Reptiles about this to make sure of things before posting this BOI report. They confirmed that the pictures "Nikki" is using are stolen and that "Nikki" does not have these animals.

Here are some highlight quotes from emails between Nikki and I, as I have been baiting him/her along. Them to me:

"she would cost you $1280. "
" where are you located? you can wire cash via western union as it is convenient and faster."

Beware and good luck to everyone!

Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
$1280 Good lookin' out!

Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
where was the ad posted? Do you have email address that was used or a user name from here on fauna?
$1280 - lol

Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Pasodama
Yes, a little more info really would be helpful. Location, email, where Ad was posted, full name, etc... any available info.
There is more than one "Nikki Reptiles" (or similar) as well. Although I believe that at least one, minimum, may be able to be ruled out.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Robert Walker
Sorry, thought I had included the email in the original post:

Nikki Reptiles <nikkireptiles@hotmail.com>

Ad was posted on KS when I saw it.
Beyond the name and email, I don't have much more. I asked for a picture of the snake eating or on a scale for its weight, neither of which they can successfully produce. I sent that request to them yesterday, we will see if they respond.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Robert Walker
The person has only ever responded as "Nikki", no last name, assuming Nikki is supposed to be a first name.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Pasodama
It appears that "Nikki" resides in California.
Attached are just a few screenshots with some info (BTW The "newspaper type" Ad is in the Orange County Recycler Classifieds).
At any rate, Thanks for the heads up on this person!
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Yep, looks like the same person Deb.

No problem in posting the thread either

In multiple ads the same phone is listed: 530-324-5935
"Nikki" lists her/his location as: Palm Springs and San Diego, Southern California.
The phone number traces back to Willow Creek, Northern California.

Who knows...either way out to scam someone!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
ByRandom
I took a second to see what I could find. I don't have any of my "fancy photo editing" software on this computer, so I made one big picture of what I found.

1. nikkireptiles@hotmail.com lead to a seller using the username reptiles_pythonfarm.

2. reptiles_pythonfarm lead to the e-mail address reptiles_pythonfarm@yahoo.com.

3. Finally, "Micha" on a German forum (which I had to join to view the thread.. glad my German is decent!) posted in a thread entitled "E Mails From Africa". Micha apparently received this e-mail from reptiles_pythonfarm@yahoo.com where "Reptil" states he lives in Germany.

For those of you who are interested, the e-mail was sent in 2007 listing the following prices:

2.3 Albino ball pythons - $1800 pair
1.1 Axanthic ball python - $2699 pair
2.1 Piebald ball python - $1200 each
1 Clown ball python - $999

2 female Angolan Pythons - $800 each
0.2 het albino - $225 each
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Robert Walker
Great stuff Josh, you and Deb are some smooth detectives! Great job on your German too

Over the course of emails with "Nikki", I think I would be safe to say that English is not their first language. Judge for yourself with the sentence structures from one of their emails. So if they are really from Africa, it would not surprise me at all.

"Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:01 PM
Subject: RE: Caramel Albino Pied Pair

thanks for your email i appreciate your interest. we have only a single female caramel albino pied now up for offer. we reserved the pair for another already. hopefully you are still interested.
meantime we also have piebald ball morphs currently available as we have also reserved some from our most recent birthing. if you would like i can keep you posted on any morph availability when they are ready.
meanwhile,i have attached for you pics of the female caramel albino-pied so you can see her. she would cost you $1280. she is also well feeding on rat pups every seven days and free from mites and parasites.
Shipping is priority overnight. Where are you located? Healthy arrival is a guarantee that is why we use airline to make sure flight and handling is insured.
meanwhile,we will still be posting ads in various places, and sending these pictures to other people that have shown interest in the caramel albino pied pair until if you confirm your order.
let me know if you are interested in her and if you confirm as soon as possible we can conclude before we move on. hope to hear from you soon,

thanks,Nikki"

It totally gives off the appearance that this person has cut and pasted 20 common catch phrases from the snake classifieds into one email.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!